• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Timbucker rewind or?

burstsaplenty

Hi everyone

I have a neck position double cream Timbucker EdA pickup that needs to be rewound. I was playing my lester today and i went to raise the pickup and i think it got caught on the ring and broke the windings, because now it is dead and i get no readings...it worked before i adjusted it....The cover was off. I purchased these from a LPF member a ways back and they worked fine till i adjusted the hieght. Does anybody now how to get in touch with Tim White? or is there someone else you can recommend?

Thanks
BP

modoc_333

I actually have the same problem. Mine is the bridge though. I didn't adjust mine. I realized the tape was loose and stuck to the ring. Then I realized the windings were loose on the bobbin.. I plugged it in and it sounds like a single coil. Does anyone know if Tim is around and maybe willing to repair? I got mine straight from him many years ago.

Or does anyone know of someone who can do a faithful to the original rewind?

I hate this. It's my number 1 guitar (R8) and the best tone I could ever want.

Hamerfan

You both don't need a rewind, you just need a repair. Some on the outer winding have to be unwound and reattached to the braided hookup wire. Rather a 30 minutes job than a rewind.

modoc_333

You both don't need a rewind, you just need a repair. Some on the outer winding have to be unwound and reattached to the braided hookup wire. Rather a 30 minutes job than a rewind.

a suggestion on who should do it? Someone that could do it and recapture the original sound?