• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Looking for expert LP tech in CNJ

LPHeaven

Hey Dudes,

I'm looking for a LP expert in Central NJ. After a billion string changes and constantly hittin those blasted wheels, i feel its time for a professional setup - (never actually had one done cause the axe was perfect from purchase).

Advance thanks folks!!

1954Gold

Steve Duritt at Lou Mercuri Music in Burlington sduritt@comcast.net

Do a search on "Mercuri", folks here have used his excellent services. Not hard to get to from 195, the Turnkpike and 295. Well worth the drive.

DopeyJake

1954Gold said:
Steve Duritt at Lou Mercuri Music in Burlington sduritt@comcast.net

Do a search on "Mercuri", folks here have used his excellent services. Not hard to get to from 195, the Turnkpike and 295. Well worth the drive.

+1

This guys is top notch.

professor

It is with profound sadness that I have to announce the untimely passing, on June 30, 2009, of Steve Duritt: bassist, luthier, and a dear, dear friend.

One of the absolute nicest people I've ever met, Steve was longtime bassist for both the Mojo Gypsies and The Rippers, and his sudden passing, at the way-too-young age of 50, has stunned us all.

Our thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends.

JDPS150

OMG!
That's quite a shock. He just did some work on my LPC & 335.
He was very helpful, informative, an patient with all my questions and pestering.

It certainly is a wake up call, no one is guaranteed a tomorrow. He was telling me how all the 'day gig' & side guitar work was getting to be a bit much.
Prayers for his family & friends. He will be mised.

DopeyJake

Sorry to hear the news, Dave. Not only was he great guitar guy and musician, he was a hell of a guy too.

muddy056

sad to hear the news about Steve...... Pete Brown, South Jersey guitar shop, collingswood NJ is not to far out of the way good guy and very Knowledgeable

JDPS150

So with Steve gone who's the top dog now?

Pete Brown in Collingswood?

sliberty

I use Bill Baker at Dave's Sound Repair in Whippany, and have been really happy with his work. Super mellow dude, great to deal with.