• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Page has no soul...

refin

Ad_02Std said:
Yeah, it really does have a great vibe to it. And Plant is on real form there as a singer and songwriter. He may not be the same Plant as he was in Led Zep, but he gets a great sound on that record with his mature voice. I think they did something few artists of their era have achieved with that - released an album years after their time and not just sounded like a parady of their glory days. It's a cool album, and the riffs rock.

Some singers don't lose their range over the years--Steven Tyler,Glenn Hughes (sigh),Geddy Lee,even Paul Rodgers.Plant has used his voice change to his advantage on newer stuff.The old stuff may be a little hard for him to do (SIBLY) like the original,but hey---how many of us still fit into that prom tux? :lol

The Shifter

I've always really liked the melodic choices Plant made to compensate for his not being able to sing it like the original version. He was even doing it in '73. It's like a reworking of the song in a good way.

wicked1

I was watching SNL when Puff Daddy was on doing the Kashmir based song. I saw Jimmy Page on guitar and jumped out of my seat and ran to the screen! It was friggin' exciting to see him! My heart was pumping and I was a like a kid again!
He can do Sesame Street playing the spoons for all I care. I love Page!! He's the MAN!

professor

If I never listened to either one of 'em ever again, I wouldn't lose a bit of sleep... ;)

Rich Young

60pinstripe said:
Factor in the attributes of writer and arranger and RT is totally eclipsed, as are most other "Guitar Gods" in comparison to JP.

If by "writer and arranger" you mean "plagarist of his betters, most noteably black blues musicians", then I quite agree.

no quarter73

Rich Young said:
If by "writer and arranger" you mean "plagarist of his betters, most noteably black blues musicians", then I quite agree.

Who did he steal Achilles Last Stand from?

ShawnRT

Bedroom Rocker
Steve said:
Some things just never change....
:bonk

Hey dude, how the hell have you been?

:dude :dude :dude

If this is, in fact, the infamous Steve we used to know and love?!?!?

Email me with a life update man! :salude