• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Gibson Les Paul deluxe with extra trapezoid inlay

jsmidt

Thin_Lizzy said:
I meant I've never seen that on a Les Paul, except for the PT sigs.

Customs have the first fret inlay

My Historic 57 Faded Cherry

57Customweb.jpg

57Custom003.jpg

SGman Freud

Torger,I have a 1972 SG standard with the extra inlay..so In the early 70's some of these must have made it through for whatever reason..

torger

SGman Freud said:
Torger,I have a 1972 SG standard with the extra inlay..so In the early 70's some of these must have made it through for whatever reason..
pictures please :photos
would been nice if someone knew why Gibson did this. Norlins attempts to fuse the Les Paul and Sg Standards with the Les Paul Customs?

Thin_Lizzy

jsmidt said:
Customs have the first fret inlay

My Historic 57 Faded Cherry

57Customweb.jpg

57Custom003.jpg

I know. I own two Customs.
Sorry again, but I was talkin' about deluxes/standards. My mistake.
But now I know there are out there.

guitargary

The Block inlays look absolutly appropriate to be at the first fret. I'm not so sure about the Trap's, got to warm up to them. But as a general rule I like the inlays to start at the 1 fret.

Cwatki01

I recently was gifted a 72 Les Paul deluxe that has been in a closet for 20+ years. It has both the factory first fret inlay and the embossed pickup covers. When I can I will post pics of it on here if anyone is still interested.

brandtkronholm

I recently was gifted a 72 Les Paul deluxe that has been in a closet for 20+ years. It has both the factory first fret inlay and the embossed pickup covers. When I can I will post pics of it on here if anyone is still interested.

Yes, pics please! :dude:

Cwatki01

Best I can do as far as pics at the moment. I will be doing some work on this and will post better pics after.