• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

1959 Gibson Les Paul Sunburst Missing

kerryboy

I have just picked up the latest copy of Guitar & Bass magazine from my local news sellar here in the UK and I was looking through the small ads. And under the section entitled Missing/Stolen is the following advert

" Missing from Gatwick Airport, 1959 Gibson Les Paul Sunburst electric guitar with flight case. Reward offered for safe return of un-damaged guitar Tel: ........... with any relevant information"

It doesn't say if its a real burst or a re-issue. But how bad must that guy feel if its a real burst. If I was travelling with a real burst, I'd have the thing chained to me.

wildelectric

kerryboy said:
It doesn't say if its a real burst or a re-issue. But how bad must that guy feel if its a real burst. If I was travelling with a real burst, I'd have the thing chained to me.

No kidding, wow.

I've just traveled to Scotland with my Strat and IT never leaves my side, so I can't even fathom how a '59 burst gets nicked, reissue or not. Did he leave it on the package counter of a bathroom? Put it on a table stool while at the airport bar?

-John