• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

*Real 59 Burst* Has anyone seen 9 0881?

access

A friend of mine who works at GC said that 9 0881 walked in and they purchased it. It looks suspect and I wasn't sure if there were any of you 'burst sleuths' that already knew about this guitar or possibly sold it to GC. It is a light teaburst with removed bigsby, and it was in Oregon. Just wondering

Lee_Moore

I don't mean any disrespect to the following company, but if the guy sold it to GC, it probably had issues.....you could easily pull the wool over their eyes if you wanted (albeit unethical).

My guess is that if 9 0881 'real' and the owner knew it, he wouldn't be going to GC to sell it....

See if you can find some pics of it from your friend. :photos

Last edited:

j e gray

Plenty of discussion about that one here on the forum.
It was owned for many years by Gregor Hilden.

zorglub!

Burst Detective!
It was being sold not that long ago, so I would really doubt that it would "walk in" into a GC...

DANELECTRO

I've got a couple of dozen photos of 9-0881, so it wasn't just pulled from under grandpa's bed and carried into GC. I don't recall where the photos came from, but it must have been up for sale somewhere.

90881022gv.jpg

90881042lo.jpg

maidenstrat

I remember that been up for sale not so long ago (a month ot so) there was a link to the store here on the forum, sorry I can`t remember the store, but if I remember correctly at the same time the had another 59 or a 58

access

This is hilarious! The pictures on the Bill Nash site are the same ones that were e-mailed to me by a GC sales guy! I'm going to e-mail him back this link and ask him what the "deal" is. And yes the price was 200k.

Is GC in the 'sideways' sale business now? WTF

Thanks for all the help

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
access said:
This is hilarious! The pictures on the Bill Nash site are the same ones that were e-mailed to me by a GC sales guy! I'm going to e-mail him back this link and ask him what the "deal" is. And yes the price was 200k.

Is GC in the 'sideways' sale business now? WTF

Thanks for all the help

IF they offer it at the same price, it seems like a simple deal. Just like any store selling on consignment.
Might as well see which one offers the best "final price". :wink

kuwahara80

hi.there is a story about gregor hilden and that guitar on a german website.some more pictures also.check www.guitarmaniacs.de
the headliner is `gregors ex`or something like that.....

JIMI55LP

It was on Ebay for $200,000. in Germany and would have been picked up at a airport in Origon or Washington if puchased. I can't imagine someone bought it to sell to GC!

class5lp

Hi Access,
That is such a beautifu LP. With over 25 custom shop historics in my collection it is only dream for me to ever own one of these real LP's. A couple of months ago I went to Elderely Instruments in Lansing Michigan and they had a real R 0 that had some minor issues like repo tuners or a resprayed neck but it was such a treat to be able to just her in my hands. I cant believe how much different a real lone feels than the closest repro I have played. I think they wanted something like $150,000.00 for it. Oh well who knows what may come my way some day??
Happy Holidays
Class5LP
:salude

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
class5lp said:
A couple of months ago I went to Elderely Instruments in Lansing Michigan and they had a real R 0 that had some minor issues like repo tuners or a resprayed neck but it was such a treat to be able to just her in my hands. I cant believe how much different a real lone feels than the closest repro I have played. I think they wanted something like $150,000.00 for it.

I'm guessing you meant they had a real 1960 Burst, and not an R 0, right? ;)

class5lp

Hey TW59 yeh your right. I dont know where my brain was at. Yes it was 60 burst.
Class5LP

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
class5lp said:
Hey TW59 yeh your right. I dont know where my brain was at. Yes it was 60 burst.
Class5LP

It seemed a little high for a re-issue. :biglaugh: