• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

late 70s/early 80s shot of Adrian Vandenberg with a...

bradw

Hey FlickoFlash ... Just where did you gat that avatar? Too much!

Mats A

I think Adrian has got a fantastic tone on the Vandenberg Live In Japan Video/DVD and on the Heading For A Storm album. Does anybody know if he used any overdrive pedal then? To me it sounds like a Les Paul in to a Marshall or Marquise/Maquise (an amp i've red he used and you can see in the Live In Japan Video/DVD) turned up loud.

clearmudd

The whole crowd seems uninterested, one guy looks like he's gonna throw a rock, maybe it's because they got a great view of his ass. :laugh2:

It's never a good idea to turn your back to the crowd:hmm

Adrian does have awesome tone and a great player!

Norlin strikes again!!!

Dave P

I think this is the same guitar, the Heritage Standard 80 he used back in the early 80's Vandenberg band days.
vandenberg.png

vandenberg4.jpg

Last edited:

Dave P

The flame pattern matches, even though it is way more 'lit up' here.
vandenberg5.jpg

recent picture
vandenberg8.jpg

vandenberg9.png

TcRoc

If I recall didn't he do something with Peavey Amps back in the 80's ... VTM 120

Black58

Yeah, I saw the busy inlays in the second clip. Regardless of what it is, it's a REALLY nice sounding Les Paul! :yah