• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Pickup Switch Issue

turgut

Hello,

My Les Paul Standard 2016 T's pickup switch won't stay in the neck position. It will only stay in the rhythm position if I apply a very strong jolt. Otherwise, it pops back to the middle position.
Is there a way to solve this issue without replacing the pickup switch?
If I'm going to have to replace the pickup switch, can you guys suggest me a high-quality,sturdy pickup switch which needs more power applied than a simple touch to switch pickups?

Regards :eek:la

PaulD

First thing to check would be to make sure there is nothing inside the switch cavity that has wedged down the side of the switch and might be impeding the switch operation. The Switchcraft toggle switches fitted to Gibson's are a very simple and robust design and are generally very reliable but if it does need replacing then an original Switchcraft switch of the same type is the best option.

rick c

Paul is correct: There's probably a piece of the wiring that is interfering with the free movement of the switch. Just pop the inspection plate off and take a peek. If there's nothing in the way then watch how the switch works from behind and see if you can determine what is wrong.

Strings Jr.

Hello,

My Les Paul Standard 2016 T's pickup switch won't stay in the neck position. It will only stay in the rhythm position if I apply a very strong jolt. Otherwise, it pops back to the middle position.
Is there a way to solve this issue without replacing the pickup switch?
If I'm going to have to replace the pickup switch, can you guys suggest me a high-quality,sturdy pickup switch which needs more power applied than a simple touch to switch pickups?

Regards :eek:la
Not sure if your problem is with the rhythm position or the treble position :hmm

Take the switch cover off. While holding the guitar in your lap, check the RHYTHM position. If the switch "pops" back to the middle position, reach into the switch pocket and grab the switch. Give it an ever-so-slight bend downward. If it pops out of the TREBLE position, give it a slight bend upward. Might save you from replacing the switch.

Good Luck!