• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

NGD - 2005 Les Paul Standard Iced Tea Burst

tubby_cosmos

So, I did it. I splurged big and got myself a used 2005 Gibson Les Paul Standard. Was at my local mom/pop store just last week and mentioned to them that I was interested in grabbing one (although I didn't mention colour). Three days later, they phoned me up and told me they had just gotten the sweetest modern era Standard from a long time customer of theirs.

Funniest thing was, it was in the exact colour that I had been looking for over the last 5 months on Craigslist etc... To top it all off, I was expecting to hear about getting a summer grant that I hoped to spend part of on said Les Paul the day they called. Alas, I had to wait a couple more days to find out that I did indeed have the funding, but today, I got the good news, and I got the Les Paul!

If you're ever in Seattle, stop at Emerald City Guitars. Best folks ever - genuinely passionate about guitars, not on commission, and incredibly helpful. They also threw in about $100 of goodies on top of the LP including strap locks, a ton of extra picks and strings, a T-shirt, and some straps.

P3081581.jpg

Last edited:

Omega

What neck is on it? 50s or 60s?

The 2005 I have played in the past was really great playing and sounding.

Classic71

Sounds like they really did well by you, great stuff. Look forward to pics when you get the chance. Flamey or "plainey"?

tubby_cosmos

What neck is on it? 50s or 60s?

The 2005 I have played in the past was really great playing and sounding.

It's probably more a 50's style neck. I've never gotten on perfectly with LP necks, but I do prefer the 50's style and this neck was fairly comfortable. It's a sacrifice I'm willing to make for the tone you can get from these guitars.

Dale

Nice! I have an 05 in Desertburst (50's neck). Welcome to the 05 club!

Classic71

Very nice! What's the story with the case - brown with brown lining? Close up pics would be nice after you've had a chance to play her.

guitarjoe

Sweet Lester! Always great to do business with good people, glad the experience was as nice (almost) as that guitar!

Trans-Am

The 2K5's surely had some great looking/sounding Standards afaicr?:wow

Anymore 2K5's out there?:bike

Peace!!:3zone

JJC

I have a 2005 too. It could be my imagination, but the inlay material seems different than other years. I noticed yours was like mine.

Rob CBDB

My number one standard is an '05. That guitar is a beauty, I hope it sounds as good as it looks.

Edward

Mine's an 05 and could be yours' twin brother ...great guitar! Congrats!!

Edward

unsleeper

'05 Standard Faded here. I've also noticed that any '97 that I've played has rocked also. :2cool

tubby_cosmos

Very nice! What's the story with the case - brown with brown lining? Close up pics would be nice after you've had a chance to play her.

Case was an aftermarket case purchased by the previous owner. If this hadn't been purchased from a store I trust, I would have been skeptical, but this LP sounds, feels, and looks like the real deal, so I'm not too worried about that.

EdMan57

Nice! I have an 05 in Desertburst (50's neck). Welcome to the 05 club!

Dale,I recently picked up a '10 LP Traditional in desert burst and really dig the finish.Do you know the year that Gibson introduced that finish?

Btw,tubby,I really dig your new LP...Congrats!

Ed

Dale

Ed,

I am not sure when it was introduced. Mine is "rim burst" which is a something I tend to like more than the teardrop.

http://drpietrzak.com/music/US_CREW2.jpg

The back is dark on those and at times I wish it was not. I have 50th Ann Seth Lover pickups in it and an RS wiring kit with 50's wiring (50's neck). It is a great guitar.