• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

NGD: 2017 Ian Anderson Custom...Finally!!!

Sp8ctre

...I have her in my hands now and she is complete!

This thing is made from Old Growth Honduran Mahogany. It has an Old Growth Brazilian Rosewood Fretboard and a 3/4" Maple Cap.

Custom wound pickups with the magnets flipped for the out of phase Peter Green sound. 50's wiring with NOS PIO Caps!

The setup is perfect...lower than any guitar I've owned with zero fret buzz...

Here are a few Cell Phone Pics...

zIdZrQ4.jpg

0svI3nm.jpg

MRYpmwe.jpg

YcdxIrJ.jpg

<article>
Just a note...even though Ian was extremely slow and had many delays and excuses he did throw in a custom headstock inlay for free...oh and the TRC...​

8yNtpSU.jpg

</article>

<aside style="margin-top: 0px;">SGPO Executive Treasurer of Invisible Currency</aside>

garywright

what a lovely top ! ...the bottom half looks like a glorious sunset :jim

Sp8ctre

Just wondered, as it's been over 6 years for me. :dang

That is a lot! Mine may have been as much...I don't know how long the guy I bought it from waited. It was partially done
when I bought the spot. I had bought pickups from Ian and they came really fast. I didn't read about his delay problem
at the time and found out the hard way.

I have been able to meet with Ian a few times since we are only 100 miles apart. He is trying to get caught up and
working long hours, but there is no excuse for 6 years! Have you spoken to him lately?

ppgf

does the neck join the body at the 18th fret? can you post pics of the neck joint on both the bass and treble sides?

also?

can you post close up shots of the butt end binding and cutaway? looks that there was seam separation at the butt end of the top.
...I have her in my hands now and she is complete!

This thing is made from Old Growth Honduran Mahogany. It has an Old Growth Brazilian Rosewood Fretboard and a 3/4" Maple Cap.

Custom wound pickups with the magnets flipped for the out of phase Peter Green sound. 50's wiring with NOS PIO Caps!

The setup is perfect...lower than any guitar I've owned with zero fret buzz...

Here are a few Cell Phone Pics...

zIdZrQ4.jpg

0svI3nm.jpg

MRYpmwe.jpg

YcdxIrJ.jpg

<article>
Just a note...even though Ian was extremely slow and had many delays and excuses he did throw in a custom headstock inlay for free...oh and the TRC...​

8yNtpSU.jpg

</article>

<aside style="margin-top: 0px;">SGPO Executive Treasurer of Invisible Currency</aside>

Sp8ctre

does the neck join the body at the 18th fret? can you post pics of the neck joint on both the bass and treble sides?

also?

can you post close up shots of the butt end binding and cutaway? looks that there was seam separation at the butt end of the top.

I'll have to shoot some more...this is all I have at the moment.

cytb1Fp.jpg
iq6CEBE.jpg
8Bea2vX.jpg
w8aRqaD.jpg

ppgf

thanks for the quick reply.

is there finish missing towards the bottom of the neck heel joint?
can you post some shots of the cutaway binding?
I'll have to shoot some more...this is all I have at the moment.

cytb1Fp.jpg
iq6CEBE.jpg
8Bea2vX.jpg
w8aRqaD.jpg

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
I contacted him and gave him some grief...

I was glad to hear that he is building, and you got your guitar. :salude

If he keeps getting backorders out, then that's a good thing.
As for mine, I'd rather not worry about getting it soon. I don't need it today or tomorrow. :ganz

Sp8ctre

thanks for the quick reply.

is there finish missing towards the bottom of the neck heel joint?
can you post some shots of the cutaway binding?

That's just the lighting. The guitar is really a fantastic piece. It looks and feels great and is a joy to play. It rings out so clear
and is far and above anything else I've owned thus far including a Kauer and an Artinger...