• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

B & G Little Sister Build Thread

Pellman73

Ok I decided I was going to go down the B & G rabbit hole and get a Little Sister and figured, why not do it right and get exactly what I want— as well as go through the build process. So I’ve put down my deposit and I’ve made my requests. I think these guitars are just so cool and different, and it seems for the quality of the product— reasonably priced. I think what did it for me was figuring out I could get a plainer top w a lemon burst finish.

So the options are

Cutaway or non-cutaway— I went Non-Cutaway
Brazilian FB upgrade ? (DUH OF COURSE)
Figured Mahogany Back (no I”m ok with the regular on that)
Brass pick guard mounted (YES)
Handwound P-90’s
no clear coat to the brass hardware to let it age (you can get clear coat if you want)
Leave the control plate blank (you can get this engraved)
Top finish—Wait until we pick the top and then decide (this is an option)

I have already told Avi Goldfinger (I think that is the G) that I’m going to do a build thread so come heavy with the pics! Should be fun!

They said the guitar will ship in April

since this part of the forum sees little foot traffic I”ll be posting more for the 3 or 4 of you who will be around to care!

MikeSlub

Administrator
Excited for you! Love both of mine! :dude:

Two_Little_Sisters.jpg

Pellman73

Excited for you! Love both of mine! :dude:

Two_Little_Sisters.jpg

Thanks!—- yours are Just killer!! (I think I may remember you getting one a few months back to match the other)

curious— do both have braz boards? The Sister Humbucker’s certainly is darker than sister P-90... (I have asked them to try and get the darkest board they can find!)

I’ve read that the humbucker are great—like very close to real PAFs— do you favor one over the other?

I just thought the P-90s look cool as hell and I don’t really have a p-90 guitar (I do have one Tom Anderson with a p-90 in the neck but that doesn’t count)

MikeSlub

Administrator
Thanks!—- yours are Just killer!! (I think I may remember you getting one a few months back to match the other)

curious— do both have braz boards? The Sister Humbucker’s certainly is darker than sister P-90... (I have asked them to try and get the darkest board they can find!)

I’ve read that the humbucker are great—like very close to real PAFs— do you favor one over the other?

I just thought the P-90s look cool as hell and I don’t really have a p-90 guitar (I do have one Tom Anderson with a p-90 in the neck but that doesn’t count)

Yes, both are Brazilian Boards. Both pickup types sound awesome! You will love the P-90s! :dude:

renderit

You might want to give these a try. I like their P90's fine, but their humbuckers are so sterling I actually find myself playing that one more (and I am a p90 guy!). These are Kik-buckers. They are going in my p90'd version. Completely quiet. Yet p90'ey. 2 Alnico 5's wedged between 2 p90 spools. Oh. And get their amp. I have had one for the last week. Awesome. And by the way, that's them Kik-buckers in the vid.

40185662021_8d47ec30c6_k.jpg

40152732972_45c6be2e32_k.jpg

28405310139_4fe90c7e3d_k.jpg

Pellman73

hell yea man I've seen yours! they are phenomenal

i did see a video with a little sister w the p-90s and when the guy did not have his hand on the guitar it was humming loud

ok so you think I should do the kikbuckers ya? ok done-- I"ll do it

I have NO ROOM --- not figuratively... literally--- for any more amps right now!

will be hopefully building a studio next to my house to put all my stuff in

I mean... I just got a TR-808 drum machine. don't ask

so those kikbuckers look awesome! thanks for the heads up!

I'll go for em.

renderit

Yes, I had the one in the vid (005) as it passed through the States after NAMM. It is going back for a touch up and coming in for a landing here. Beautiful Tolex job (looks like leather), takes Vintage tubes and because of the Cathode Bias it does not need a tweak. The reverb is superlative. The dwell control is a nice touch and the voicings (dirty and angry) are awesome. The only thing I would do is offer a cover. But the one off my Tweed Pro will fit after the bottom is taken up. I hear tell it may get a foot pedal as well (but you didn't hear that here). As it stands it could be plugged in...but that just may be this one as it is a prototype of the Prototype.

ourmaninthenorth

Yes, I had the one in the vid (005) as it passed through the States after NAMM. It is going back for a touch up and coming in for a landing here.

Look forward to reading your thoughts...it sure is a pretty bugger.

Congratulations Ren, I'm green with envy tbh. :salude

Pellman73

Apologies for the thread swerve Pellman73 - I take it the amp is as beautiful as it looks Ren?

no problem at all!

in fact my computer shut down for a few days because I was drooling over that video of the amp

just incredible looking

we can discuss all things B & G here!

Pellman73

Yes, I had the one in the vid (005) as it passed through the States after NAMM. It is going back for a touch up and coming in for a landing here. Beautiful Tolex job (looks like leather), takes Vintage tubes and because of the Cathode Bias it does not need a tweak. The reverb is superlative. The dwell control is a nice touch and the voicings (dirty and angry) are awesome. The only thing I would do is offer a cover. But the one off my Tweed Pro will fit after the bottom is taken up. I hear tell it may get a foot pedal as well (but you didn't hear that here). As it stands it could be plugged in...but that just may be this one as it is a prototype of the Prototype.

yea I was wondering-- after the 100 are made will it be called something different than the prototype?

renderit

yea I was wondering-- after the 100 are made will it be called something different than the prototype?

I SUSPECT (I do not know) that depending on how fast they go they may build a regular run in a rectangle cabinet with "regular" instead of NOS parts. I suspect this from some things said in the owners forum, but I do not know.

Pellman73

well I'd hate to not have the amp to go with the guitar.

crap

Well that didn’t last long

dropped a down payment on one today

Avi said yesterday they were up to 17 so I guess it will be somewhere in that range.

thank you guys
damn you guys

Pellman73

I would have won either way

if it stayed 17 it would have been this

REB BEACH