• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Fender ‘59 Twin-Amp™ JB Edition released

Xpensive Wino

Mar18_LNU_Fender_JBTwinAmp_WEB.jpg

This re-issue is the first time in 60 years that Fender has released a “high-powered” tweed twin model since its original inception.

“The 1959 ‘high powered tweed’ Twin-Amp is one of the most collectible guitar amplifiers of all time,” said Shane Nicholas, Director, Product Development, Electronics at Fender. “They sound amazing for almost any type of music, are rare, and highly sought-after by rock stars and collectors.”

Designed and handmade to Bonamassa’s specifications in Corona, Calif., the amp’s key features include: a classic 80-watt Fender 5F8A circuit; hand-wired eyelet board and Fender vintage-style “yellow” paper-foil-resin tone capacitors for original tweed-era tone and nuance; three premium 12AX7 preamp tubes; a quartet of 6L6 output tubes that are matched and rated for high output; an internal bias pot; a 5AR4 rectifier tube; Bright and Normal channels with high- and low-gain inputs; custom Mercury Magnetics™ transformers; as well as two 12” Celestion™ JB85 speakers – exclusive to this amp – for high-powered rock guitar tone.

The amp is housed in a finger-joined solid pine cabinet for resonant tone and features a lightly distressed cosmetic treatment with a lacquered tweed covering, ‘50s-style grille cloth and steel-reinforced leather strap handle. Subtle, ‘50s cosmetic touches, such as the serial number stamped with the original 1950s tooling and font from the era, complete the package.

https://www.premierguitar.com/articles/27167-fender-releases-the-joe-bonamassa-59-twin-amp

deytookerjaabs

Hell Yeah!!

MGLA

Make Guitars Loud Again

I'm gonna try to get a local spot to replace their house twin reverb with one of these babies, that would be hip if they go along with it. :hank

fakejake

Anyone knows how heavy these are? Similar to Twin Reverbs, or significantly lighter due to the lack of reverb, trem, and second channel?

sonar

My favorite sounding amp I ever got a chance to play was an original hi powered Twin I played years ago. I still get goosebumps thinking about that tone all these years later.

marfen

Read one of the magazine announcements re the release of this highly anticipated amp that it will only be distributed thru Joe's website? Will it not be available thru Fender dealerships? Kind of weird if you can't go check it out, plug in and play it before you make the purchase.

Xpensive Wino

Read one of the magazine announcements re the release of this highly anticipated amp that it will only be distributed thru Joe's website? Will it not be available thru Fender dealerships? Kind of weird if you can't go check it out, plug in and play it before you make the purchase.

That does appear to be the case. I guess you aren't getting one. :spabout

Axis39

My favorite sounding amp I ever got a chance to play was an original hi powered Twin I played years ago. I still get goosebumps thinking about that tone all these years later.

Anywhere near central Virginia? You can drop by and play mine. I have a '58.

I've been pretty excited about these every since I first saw the demo of the first two. They sound a lot like my amp.

I picked my '58 up last year and had to rebuild the whole circuit. From the very first second I fired it up, and hit a note, I loved the amp. It sounds so incredible at all volumes and works for every gig I've taken it on and at home for practice. I honestly have just about forsaken all other amps for 'The Twin'.

deytookerjaabs

Anywhere near central Virginia? You can drop by and play mine. I have a '58.

I've been pretty excited about these every since I first saw the demo of the first two. They sound a lot like my amp.

I picked my '58 up last year and had to rebuild the whole circuit. From the very first second I fired it up, and hit a note, I loved the amp. It sounds so incredible at all volumes and works for every gig I've taken it on and at home for practice. I honestly have just about forsaken all other amps for 'The Twin'.

No ****? I've played a 40w clone but never the big gun. If they're what I'd call "warm" at all volumes I definitely have to try one, some big amps just don't sound too nice on "3" but some sound great.

akstrat61

I've been on stage when Joe hits his Twins! I wonder what the settings were when he was playing that demo? :hank

Maybe he could pair them with his Plexi shield! I still may try one, the tone is to die for!:jim My band mates my shoot me!:wail:wail

AA00475Bassman

I've been on stage when Joe hits his Twins! I wonder what the settings were when he was playing that demo? :hank

Maybe he could pair them with his Plexi shield! I still may try one, the tone is to die for!:jim My band mates my shoot me!:wail:wail
Let us all know how you go about trying one of these wonderful Amps Please !

Ken Fortunato

Administrator
Staff member
My neighbors are doing a "Go Fund Me" to make sure I DON'T get one!

All I'm sayin' is, that 2017 Brazilian LP was one of the two things on my "music gear, must have" bucket list... This amp is the other one... Serious as a heart attack... :salude

renderit

All I'm sayin' is, that 2017 Brazilian LP was one of the two things on my "music gear, must have" bucket list... This amp is the other one... Serious as a heart attack... :salude

Mine as well. Unfortunately it ain't gonna happen for me. But play the chit outta it man! It WOULD be cool!

AA00475Bassman

Really like this amp & the price is not bad for this Amp IMO , just so loud !

Thank you for taking your time to post Wino !

Wally

Packaged upside down....as I have heard Fender did back then.