• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Sandy heads to China

duaneflowers

I didn't realize Sandy was on the chopping block... Mason seems like a good guy and I hope she enjoys her new home in Taiwan...

60315803_2611527572192601_8663223445787508736_o.jpg

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
I didn't realize Sandy was on the chopping block... Mason seems like a good guy and I hope she enjoys her new home in Taiwan...

Actually, I have mentioned this [not blatantly] for some time. Only a few have ever really asked. :ganz

Mason is a good guy and is really happy. :salude

I'm relatively new here, but I thought Sandy was TW's favourite. I can't believe it!

I have always been torn to name a "favorite". Sandy and 9-1981 are the best tops I have ever had, and I was always motivated by flame. Sandy has the most 3D top I have ever seen. Sandy has always been a favorite, but so have the ones I still have. Even my 59 refin is a favorite. :jim

ourmaninthenorth

It's difficult to know whether to congratulate or commiserate in these situations.

One can only hope that the passing of the baton gets you both where you want to be, and leaves you both happy.

Cheers Tom.

:salude:salude

F-Hole

Nice to see it went to an appreciative home.....onto the next chapter Tom.

garywright

I was floored when Jeff Adams sold it but I would have bet all my money that this guitar would have been the last guitar on the planet that Tom would have sold

sws1

Is it ok for me to be sad? ;)

Congrats Tom and Mason.

akstrat61

Congrats to Tom! :salude

Isn't it his business to buy and sell guitars?:hank:##

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
It's difficult to know whether to congratulate or commiserate in these situations.

One can only hope that the passing of the baton gets you both where you want to be, and leaves you both happy.

Cheers Tom.

:salude:salude

We are both happy. Simple as that. :)

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
Congrats to Tom! :salude

Isn't it his business to buy and sell guitars?:hank:##

It is my career, but I have been a collector longer than a dealer, and a player longer than that.
This was not inventory in my store, nor are any other of the guitars in my collection. :)

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
Indeed, Tom.

Seeing it in person was something else. Pictures can never capture the deep 3D flames on that top. :jim

Only if you have seen it 'in hand', then a photo might bring back that memory. It is a unique Burst; I have never seen another like it, nor any reissue or copy. That maple top is special. :)

hoss

I took these pics (click on thumbs). What a guitar!

DSC_0169.jpg DSC_0173.jpg

Jeff West

Tom- It seems like a good time to say again I have appreciated your willingness in providing multiple opportunities (and encouragement!) to play Sandy at Arlington in recent years. Many thanks for that!

Jeff

sandy.jpg

Last edited: