• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Tuner for setup

Axelorox

As my guitar collection grows I'm interested in doing basic setups on my own vs bringing guitars in to a tech. What's a good tuner for testing intonation? This would be for setting up electric guitars.

pedalmetal

For testing intonation I use my Sonic Research Turbo Tuner ST-300. It's a lightning fast tuner too. Best I've ever used for 'pro' use. FWIW for more casual use I prefer the interface of a TC PolyTune pedal.

Wilko

All Access/Backstage Pass
When Im not using my Turbo Tuner, I use the Peterson Strobosoft on my iPhone! it's like 10 bucks!

VamboRool

For setting intonation you'll want a tuner with a meter not LEDs as it will be more accurate.

Thatcher

Your guitar tuner should be set to 440Hz. On the KorgCA-30 shown in the picture this is indicated at the top left of its display. 440Hz is known as “Concert pitch” which means what sound frequency is defined as being the note of “A”, and that's 440Hertz for 440 sound waves per second.