• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

One of my songs brought to life in video.

rockabilly69

A close friend of mine asked me if I would like to make a video for one of my new songs. He's just getting
into trying his hand at this kind of thing and this is his first, so check it out....

corpse

Great sanging and pickin'.

Just loved it- haunting- great (what is that- an Anderson?) slide tone. Very tasty. And you could easily put that one into a three or four piece setting. Just great.

renderit

Loved it as usual! I am very at peace with the minor chord thang and looking back through my favorite songs over the past 100 years I gotta say the vast preponderance of them are in that vein. Wish I could pick 1/10th as good as you! Kickass National by the way!

rockabilly69

Thanks for the comments, I will pass them along to my friend who made the video, as I said it's the first time he's ever done one:)

rockabilly69

Just loved it- haunting- great (what is that- an Anderson?) slide tone. Very tasty. And you could easily put that one into a three or four piece setting. Just great.

The slide tone is just glass slide on strings, and my National reso tuned to C#5 low to high (C# G# C# G# G# C#)

rockabilly69

Loved it as usual! I am very at peace with the minor chord thang and looking back through my favorite songs over the past 100 years I gotta say the vast preponderance of them are in that vein. Wish I could pick 1/10th as good as you! Kickass National by the way!
Funny thing Ren, my song is in the key of C# and the guitar is tuned to open C#5 (All C#, and G#) without the minor defining E note, so you are hearing the E note only in the vocal melody:)

rockabilly69

When I arrange the songs I always think of how they will sound solo and with a rhythm section, and even occasionally with another guitarist. But I always make sure they will sound solid as a solo because that's how I play 95% of the time. That song on the video is totally solo and the second take (I forgot the lyrics on the first take).

Ed Driscoll

Les Paul Forum Member
Really nice lighting and film-like look in the video. (And the music and singing isn't too shabby, either.) :salude

Billy Porter

Enjoyed that - great song and envious of your playing/singing style. Nice to hear something that isn't awash with distortion and reverb

Good video as well

rockabilly69

Enjoyed that - great song and envious of your playing/singing style. Nice to hear something that isn't awash with distortion and reverb

Good video as well

Thanks Billy, I'm not really a distortion person even when I play electric I dial the edge out of my lead tone, that why I like Les Pauls I can get a fat fingerstyle tone, listen here at 4:21 you can hear what I'm talking about...

https://soundcloud.com/daniel-weldon-1/im-looking-for-a-change

renderit

Funny thing Ren, my song is in the key of C# and the guitar is tuned to open C#5 (All C#, and G#) without the minor defining E note, so you are hearing the E note only in the vocal melody:)

I have no idea what that all means! Zero on theory, knowledge, skills and terms. But I still love the sound. Maybe it's that "dissonance" thang! Much pickin' with slide comes out that way to me. Maybe it is what you are sliding over that tickles me. I don't know. But to me I lump it with my minor libary and that be good! Makes me feel like jumpin' on a horse and riding off to senselessly battle the 'man' or the 'pack of wolvesses'...

rockabilly69

I have no idea what that all means! Zero on theory, knowledge, skills and terms. But I still love the sound. Maybe it's that "dissonance" thang! Much pickin' with slide comes out that way to me. Maybe it is what you are sliding over that tickles me. I don't know. But to me I lump it with my minor libary and that be good! Makes me feel like jumpin' on a horse and riding off to senselessly battle the 'man' or the 'pack of wolvesses'...
As long as you feel it Ren!!!!