• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Billy F Gibbons autobiography (Pearly Gates content)

GastonG

Rock & Roll Gearhead
gearhead-the-guitars-06-07.jpg

the cover:
gearhead-cover.jpg

Gaston :)

BJEC

This (auto-)biography will be published in october. We will have to wait.

Bjoern

burstone

I'd be certain to get a copy of that. If I had to pick only one person as having my favorite guitar tone overall, it would be the Rev! :dude

Wilko

All Access/Backstage Pass
that looks like he's touching a poster of pearly...

burstone

zorglub! said:
What songs would define that tone?

Any song on the first two (maybe three) albums. "Whiskey'n Mama" might be THE favorite of mine. I just can't get enough of his tone on that song! :worship

Mr Fuzzy

He better be showing off his "supposed" Moderne in that or I am not buying! ;)

sinner

Hey my R9 kinda looks like Pearly! (I can dream can't I?)

3188_p45316.jpg

DonR

Blue jean blues was a strat. But great tone - I can get it close with a strat and a 66 Deluxe Reverb. I'm still seaching for the HB version, although my 56 LP RI with a firebid pup in the bridge through a tweed deluxe gets close.

Helps to have Pearly and tons of real talent.

DonR

humbucking

knowing how the Rev is quite the story teller on his guitar & amp rigs, i can only imagine how his biography is gonna plane out! should be some entertaining reading!

Rafael

sinner, that's a great axe!!! care to share the info and story with us?

thanks

Red Baron

Wow I can't wait for this one!

zorglub! apart from some of their early stuff, the solos in Cheap Sunglasses (Deguello) pretty well sums up Billy's amazing burst tone for me... real fat.

sinner

Rafael said:
sinner, that's a great axe!!! care to share the info and story with us?

thanks
Thanks Rafael! Just my 04 R9 IceTea, aged by RS, has their parts, electronics, and a set of Tim's--which really made the whole package come alive! The neck pup now is really something quite special, I never thought a neck pickup could deliver so much tone!!! Of course I think my recent trip to Rodney's FretTek (PLEKing) really helped to bring it all into focus.

Sorry for the diversion here guys--back to the Rev:
Anybody know what he used on "Fool for your Stockings", it almost sounds like a Strat, or maybe some Lipstick action going on, but his Pearly really could knock out many different tones!

JBlues

All Access/Backstage Pass
Jut Got Back from Baby's, Drivin' While Blind. Some of the Rev's best burst tone.