• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

No '57 / '57+ in current Gibson lineup

Kutt

Interesting that it looks like the '57 Classic and '57 Classic+ pickups are no where to be found in the current Gibson lineup. Burstbuckers all over the place. I know they are trying to spin things as more back to their roots, but not even the "Modern" collection has them.

LtKojak

Interesting that it looks like the '57 Classic and '57 Classic+ pickups are no where to be found in the current Gibson lineup
Well, when something positive's finally coming out from Gibson, it's received with stupor and fear by the brainwashed-mass of fanbois.

As your beloved president would say: sad! :##

Dreman

I guess because 57s aren't really 'modern' or 'classic'. I guess they were made to compete with the A2Ps which came to prominence in the late 80s, and the tide has turned for that era. 490s maintain a more futuristic character and BBs (1/2) do a competent job for blues & classic rock emulation.

c_wester

Yup. I have an SG with Burstbuckers and two Traditionals with 57/57+. They are very different.

Well I have swapped alot of pickups and the sound follows the wood mostly.
There is a bigger chance you are hearing the wood than the microphone also known as a pickup, especially as they are soundwise in the same category.

El Gringo

I just seen them listed in Gibson's new website in stock and available thru there online store