• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Greeny roaring at the London Palladium.

goldtop0

Thanks for this Paul:salude

And I'm pretty sure I saw F-Hole's vintage 1973 combo there also.......:2cool

bern1

Love the gesture and appreciate all the memories. Just one question, couldn’t they have brought the man himself on in some way? I wasn’t there, maybe it happened? Or he was at least in attendance?
Santana found a way to do it.
After all, Green is still among us and he himself does not consider himself to be a casualty from what I have heard him say.
Though I suppose things can change, I am definitely not in the loop.

Rich R

In the Zone/Backstage Pass
I think there's a law in the U.K. to the effect that Andy Fairweather-Low gets to play in every rock star tribute show--maybe it's a union bylaw...

ourmaninthenorth

Unfortunately, it is not written as a line up. I tried to find all the names but was confused.
I didn't see the bass player named.
Was it John McVie?

It's a fair point Tom, the Guardian article is a little confusing.

Not McVie, I believe it's Dave Bronze

https://web.archive.org/web/20110901041055/http://www.davebronze.com/page 2/page2.html

Here's the line up as written by the guy who took the youtube videos -

Guitarists:
RIck Vito - utterly incredible- various Reverends through a Fender HRD!
Jonny Lang- thinline tele into a Deluxe Reverb
Pete Townsend- partsa in a goldy green colour with 2 pups, Vibro King
Billy G; the pinstripe SG into a Magnatone
Jeremy Spencer- PRS P90's into a small Orange 15w
Kirk: Greeny LP into a Marshall Bluesbreaker (orig)
Andy F-L- Guild Archtop into a Boogie head (I think)
Neil Finn- Gretsch 1958 Jet into a Princeton
DG: CS DG Strat into his 'fly' board; Demeter Comp, Cali Comp, 3 Tube Drivers, SA EQ, two Flight Times; 1958 Bandmaster 3 x 10 and Alessadro into a 1961 Cream Tolex Fender Cab (and the Fender lapsteel for Albatross)
Noel Gallagher: J200

F-Hole

It's a fair point Tom, the Guardian article is a little confusing.

Not McVie, I believe it's Dave Bronze

https://web.archive.org/web/20110901041055/http://www.davebronze.com/page 2/page2.html

Here's the line up as written by the guy who took the youtube videos -

Guitarists:
RIck Vito - utterly incredible- various Reverends through a Fender HRD!
Jonny Lang- thinline tele into a Deluxe Reverb
Pete Townsend- partsa in a goldy green colour with 2 pups, Vibro King
Billy G; the pinstripe SG into a Magnatone
Jeremy Spencer- PRS P90's into a small Orange 15w
Kirk: Greeny LP into a Marshall Bluesbreaker (orig)
Andy F-L- Guild Archtop into a Boogie head (I think)
Neil Finn- Gretsch 1958 Jet into a Princeton
DG: CS DG Strat into his 'fly' board; Demeter Comp, Cali Comp, 3 Tube Drivers, SA EQ, two Flight Times; 1958 Bandmaster 3 x 10 and Alessadro into a 1961 Cream Tolex Fender Cab (and the Fender lapsteel for Albatross)
Noel Gallagher: J200

Don't rely on it, that wasn't a Bluesbreaker.

SDMFVan

Love the gesture and appreciate all the memories. Just one question, couldn’t they have brought the man himself on in some way? I wasn’t there, maybe it happened? Or he was at least in attendance?
Santana found a way to do it.
After all, Green is still among us and he himself does not consider himself to be a casualty from what I have heard him say.
Though I suppose things can change, I am definitely not in the loop.

My understanding is he was invited to attend but wasn't interested. Kirk Hammett was on Dean Delray's "Let There Be Talk" podcast last month and he talked about meeting Peter recently, and it was clear that he's not fully "there" mentally.

tommersjay

My understanding is he was invited to attend but wasn't interested. Kirk Hammett was on Dean Delray's "Let There Be Talk" podcast last month and he talked about meeting Peter recently, and it was clear that he's not fully "there" mentally.

This whole situation seems weird. Honoring someone that is still alive and not interested in the event.

goldtop0

That's sad.
Peter's 73 now and there's obviously deterioration mentally with the poor bloke.........the others at the gig would have wanted him to be there.

sws1

This whole situation seems weird. Honoring someone that is still alive and not interested in the event.

And if the concert was truly against his wishes, that's even more weird than if he just didn't want to be there.

springhead

And if the concert was truly against his wishes, that's even more weird than if he just didn't want to be there.

When did he say it was against his wishes? All I heard was the interview with Mick saying Peter may or may not turn up depending how he felt.