• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Truss rod cover on the Supreme

doodman

I don't know much about these- but they do intregue me. I am not sure why, but they do. What are the major differences (Besides the truss-rod covers!)? I have seen pictures, but I don't understand the reasoning for calling it a "Supreme." It really seemed like a Custom to me. How much are they selling for?

59refin

Doodman, you didn't see that never ending post about all the guys waiting for their Supremes to arrive? It reminds me more of a 25/50 type thing, than a reg Custom. Main feature of this guitar is its' two-piece carved flame maple back. I don't know if they call them weight relieved or having tone chambers but they're light. Real light.

MikeSlub

Administrator
Itis a spec change. Used to be plain gold truss rod cover, now it is engraved. :)

Zhangliqun

I never thought it would be a big deal to me, but I really dig the flamed backs on these things.

Lee's Paul DDS

MikeSlub said:
Itis a spec change. Used to be plain gold truss rod cover, now it is engraved. :)

Thanks Mike!

Not that I could ever dream of parting with mine, but just out of curiosity, does a change like this affect its value in any way? Or are things like this too small and occur too often to make a difference?

doodman

59refin said:
Doodman, you didn't see that never ending post about all the guys waiting for their Supremes to arrive? It reminds me more of a 25/50 type thing, than a reg Custom. Main feature of this guitar is its' two-piece carved flame maple back. I don't know if they call them weight relieved or having tone chambers but they're light. Real light.

Cool, thanks. What type of neck? Any other major changes? How about pups?

MikeSlub

Administrator
Lee's Paul DDS: It won't affect value. In fact, you can now say that you have one from the "early run" without the engraving! :)

Gitfiddler

I just got word that my long-awaited Supreme is 'in the mail' and the truss rod cover is engraved. Smooth or engraved, they're both cool. Gibson's gotten into the engraving thing of late with some of it's high end models. Nice added touch of class on the Supreme.