Les Paul Forum
The Fender Forum
NEW! LPF Facebook Page
LilyPix
Merchandise
Vintage Guitar Registry
LPF Homesite

Go Back   Les Paul Forum > . > Sunburst Pub
Register FAQ Mark Forums Read Calendar Calendar Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-02-10, 12:53 PM   #1
kwest
Les Paul Forum Member
 
kwest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 612
Now I know where those "Pawn Stars" Les Pauls really came from

From Cowtown Website:

"** WATCH FOR COWTOWN GUITARS ON EPISODES OF "PAWN STARS" on THE HISTORY CHANNEL !!!!

http://www.cowtownguitars.com/



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84IFfiI9ad4

Here is another guitar from Cowtown.Look familiar?

Cowtown Guitars

kwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-10, 02:00 PM   #2
Monroe
Les Paul Forum Member
 
Monroe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: SE Michigan
Posts: 642
Re: Now I know where those "Pawn Stars" Les Pauls really came from

So are the shows "scripted reality"???
__________________
I have the "show signatures" box unchecked.
Monroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-10, 02:19 PM   #3
58Lover
Les Paul Forum Member
 
58Lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: (Q) How many guitars should you have? (A) Just one more.
Posts: 4,057
Re: Now I know where those "Pawn Stars" Les Pauls really came from

Of course they are...

Shit, even "Cheaters" is scripted....
58Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-10, 03:19 PM   #4
Gibstew
Les Paul Forum Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 106
Re: Now I know where those "Pawn Stars" Les Pauls really came from

Wow that natural finished one looks like mines brother!
http://www.lespaulforum.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=163537
Stew

Last edited by Gibstew : 02-02-10 at 03:33 PM.
Gibstew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-10, 04:29 PM   #5
Texas Blues
In the Zone/Backstage Pass
 
Texas Blues's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Republic of Texas
Posts: 3,627
Re: Now I know where those "Pawn Stars" Les Pauls really came from

Shhhh! (Keep it down! I was there today. Buy all my stuff there! Marshall. Les Pauls. Great guys!)

Now back to our regularly scheduled program.
Texas Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-10, 04:30 PM   #6
garywright
Les Paul Forum Member
 
garywright's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 10,946
Re: Now I know where those "Pawn Stars" Les Pauls really came from

the expert is "purty sure" it's not a 1960
garywright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-10, 04:41 PM   #7
Beano Geno
Les Paul Forum Member
 
Beano Geno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Polar Vortex
Posts: 3,327
Re: Now I know where those "Pawn Stars" Les Pauls really came from

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Blues View Post
Shhhh! (Keep it down! I was there today. Buy all my stuff there! Marshall. Les Pauls. Great guys!)

Now back to our regularly scheduled program.
I hope they deal with you, because their listed prices look a little steep.
Beano Geno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-10, 04:41 PM   #8
Texas Blues
In the Zone/Backstage Pass
 
Texas Blues's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Republic of Texas
Posts: 3,627
Re: Now I know where those "Pawn Stars" Les Pauls really came from

Damn I just watched that clip. "Rod" is their luthier/repair guy. I gave him my V today to mod w/p90's. Jesse ain't no slouch either. Very cool cats indeed.
Texas Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-10, 04:46 PM   #9
Texas Blues
In the Zone/Backstage Pass
 
Texas Blues's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Republic of Texas
Posts: 3,627
Re: Now I know where those "Pawn Stars" Les Pauls really came from

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beano Geno View Post
I hope they deal with you, because their listed prices look a little steep.
They never update the "In stock" stuff on the website. Too much of it has already been sold. As an example, the Marshall B cab I bought last year from them is still listed. Most of the good stuff they have isn't on the website. From my dealings with them, I reckon I got pretty fair deals.
Texas Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-10, 05:21 PM   #10
kwest
Les Paul Forum Member
 
kwest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 612
Re: Now I know where those "Pawn Stars" Les Pauls really came from

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Blues View Post
Damn I just watched that clip. "Rod" is their luthier/repair guy. I gave him my V today to mod w/p90's. Jesse ain't no slouch either. Very cool cats indeed.
Wait,is Jesse the expert who appraised "Rod" s guitar ? Do they both work at the same store?

That's him isn't it?


Last edited by kwest : 02-02-10 at 05:37 PM.
kwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-10, 05:50 PM   #11
Texas Blues
In the Zone/Backstage Pass
 
Texas Blues's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Republic of Texas
Posts: 3,627
Re: Now I know where those "Pawn Stars" Les Pauls really came from

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwest View Post
Wait,is Jesse the expert who appraised "Rod" s guitar ? Do they both work at the same store?

That's him isn't it?

Yep, that's Jesse, and yes, same store.
Texas Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-10, 06:58 PM   #12
kwest
Les Paul Forum Member
 
kwest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 612
Re: Now I know where those "Pawn Stars" Les Pauls really came from

Wow! Hey check out this post about Pawn Stars that I found on a forum for guys that collect vintage gas pumps.

"speaking of entertainment...

I wrote Rick today...found him online and sent him this:

Hi -

Are you the same 'Rick's Restorations' that was on the History Channel show 'Pawn Stars' last night?

...and I got this reply:

To:
Subject: Re: Pawn Stars?
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2009 21:38:45 -0500
From: restoricks@aol.com

Yes

Thank you,
Rick Dale
Rick's Restorations - Everything old is new again!
(702) 655-5544

...so I sent him the following:

Hi Rick -

Wow...what a small world!

Hey, that was some Coca-Cola machine! I gotta tell you, it looked like a different machine when you were finished with it.

I mean that - it really looked like a different machine. It looks like you started with a trashed machine, maybe a Vendo?...and finished with a Cavalier. My buddies and I were trying to figure out how you got the embossed Coca-Cola logo to be smaller on the 'restored' machine than on the original. We all thought of the number of hours it would take to do all of that work (and how much it would cost), and we decided it would have been easier for you just to roll out a restored Cavalier, and pass that off as if you had transformed that rusty junk into another make/model Coke machine. That dope on Pawn Stars couldn't tell the difference, right?

Hey - I guess that's why you're on TV...

One more thing - that gas pump you restored for the Pawn Stars...funny, the man that sold that pump to you years ago is a friend of mine! (Small world, right?) Anyway, he was watching the show with his wife, and - in his words - he almost fell out of his chair when he saw that pump. His wife actually recognized it! I mean, what are the odds that a pump you bought got sold unrestored to someone, who just happened to bring it into that Pawn Shop - only for them to buy it and return it to you for restoration? They'd have to be astronomical!

If I didn't know better, I'd almost think the people bringing stuff into that cool pawn shop were bringing your stuff in there and just acting like it was their stuff. What a set-up that would be! The guys filming the show would get a plot, and you'd get a 30-minute commercial for your business on the History Channel. Heck, you could get your employees or friends to play the part of the 'seller' at the pawn shop - and you wouldn't even have to pay an actor!

But, hey - that would all be a big fraud, wouldn't it?"
kwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-10, 07:13 PM   #13
Mainah
Les Paul Forum Member
 
Mainah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Where the only difference between the moose and the women is 40 lbs. and a flannel shirt!
Posts: 1,026
Re: Now I know where those "Pawn Stars" Les Pauls really came from

That's AWESOME! Nice one.
__________________
...and then the old bull said "No son, let's walk down the hill and fuck all of 'em."
Mainah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-10, 07:15 PM   #14
Kap'n
Les Paul Forum Member
 
Kap'n's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 1,678
Re: Now I know where those "Pawn Stars" Les Pauls really came from

Kap'n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-10, 08:47 PM   #15
Uncle Gary
Les Paul Forum Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 2,093
Re: Now I know where those "Pawn Stars" Les Pauls really came from

So, what you guys are saying is that there are still some people who believe that "reality TV" is real?
Uncle Gary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-10, 09:08 PM   #16
58Lover
Les Paul Forum Member
 
58Lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: (Q) How many guitars should you have? (A) Just one more.
Posts: 4,057
Re: Now I know where those "Pawn Stars" Les Pauls really came from

The majority of the brainless do.
58Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-10, 09:21 PM   #17
Seoighs
Les Paul Forum Member
 
Seoighs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Florida West Coast
Posts: 5,264
Re: Now I know where those "Pawn Stars" Les Pauls really came from

Everything on TV is scripted, even (or especially) the 'news'.
__________________
IF ONE SYNCHRONIZED SWIMMER DROWNS, DO THE REST DROWN TOO?
Seoighs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-10, 10:20 PM   #18
kwest
Les Paul Forum Member
 
kwest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 612
Re: Now I know where those "Pawn Stars" Les Pauls really came from

Somebody should edit their wiki page

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pawn_Stars
kwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-10, 11:00 AM   #19
yeti66
Les Paul Forum Member
 
yeti66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 37
Re: Now I know where those "Pawn Stars" Les Pauls really came from

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwest View Post
Wow! Hey check out this post about Pawn Stars that I found on a forum for guys that collect vintage gas pumps.

"speaking of entertainment...

I wrote Rick today...found him online and sent him this:

Hi -

Are you the same 'Rick's Restorations' that was on the History Channel show 'Pawn Stars' last night?

...and I got this reply:

To:
Subject: Re: Pawn Stars?
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2009 21:38:45 -0500
From: restoricks@aol.com

Yes

Thank you,
Rick Dale
Rick's Restorations - Everything old is new again!
(702) 655-5544

...so I sent him the following:

Hi Rick -

Wow...what a small world!

Hey, that was some Coca-Cola machine! I gotta tell you, it looked like a different machine when you were finished with it.

I mean that - it really looked like a different machine. It looks like you started with a trashed machine, maybe a Vendo?...and finished with a Cavalier. My buddies and I were trying to figure out how you got the embossed Coca-Cola logo to be smaller on the 'restored' machine than on the original. We all thought of the number of hours it would take to do all of that work (and how much it would cost), and we decided it would have been easier for you just to roll out a restored Cavalier, and pass that off as if you had transformed that rusty junk into another make/model Coke machine. That dope on Pawn Stars couldn't tell the difference, right?

Hey - I guess that's why you're on TV...

One more thing - that gas pump you restored for the Pawn Stars...funny, the man that sold that pump to you years ago is a friend of mine! (Small world, right?) Anyway, he was watching the show with his wife, and - in his words - he almost fell out of his chair when he saw that pump. His wife actually recognized it! I mean, what are the odds that a pump you bought got sold unrestored to someone, who just happened to bring it into that Pawn Shop - only for them to buy it and return it to you for restoration? They'd have to be astronomical!

If I didn't know better, I'd almost think the people bringing stuff into that cool pawn shop were bringing your stuff in there and just acting like it was their stuff. What a set-up that would be! The guys filming the show would get a plot, and you'd get a 30-minute commercial for your business on the History Channel. Heck, you could get your employees or friends to play the part of the 'seller' at the pawn shop - and you wouldn't even have to pay an actor!

But, hey - that would all be a big fraud, wouldn't it?"
Very well done!! Hope you dont mind but I posted this on there discusion forum?
yeti66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-10, 11:25 AM   #20
kwest
Les Paul Forum Member
 
kwest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 612
Re: Now I know where those "Pawn Stars" Les Pauls really came from

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeti66 View Post
Very well done!! Hope you dont mind but I posted this on there discusion forum?
Haha cool,do you have a link to your post?
kwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-10, 11:50 AM   #21
yeti66
Les Paul Forum Member
 
yeti66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 37
Re: Now I know where those "Pawn Stars" Les Pauls really came from

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwest View Post
Haha cool,do you have a link to your post?
Here ya go, http://boards.history.com/topic/Pawn...What/520082444
yeti66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-10, 12:05 PM   #22
27sauce
Les Paul Forum Member
 
27sauce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,351
Re: Now I know where those "Pawn Stars" Les Pauls really came from

Wow, awesome!
Which one of you is Cagney and which one is Lacey?
27sauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-10, 12:21 PM   #23
kwest
Les Paul Forum Member
 
kwest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 612
Re: Now I know where those "Pawn Stars" Les Pauls really came from

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeti66 View Post
That's great! You should post about the Les Pauls and how both the guy who was trying to sell his "1960" Les Paul Custom and the "expert" that Rick called in to appraise it both work at the same store, Cowtown Guitars. You should also say that that same guitar is pictured in Cowtown's inventory(sold) page and how the 70's Les Paul that Rick traded for the double barreled musket also came from Cowtown Guitars.Oh and don't forget to mention that Cowtown Guitar's webpage say: " WATCH FOR COWTOWN GUITARS ON EPISODES OF "PAWN STARS" on THE HISTORY CHANNEL !!!!"
kwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-10, 01:07 PM   #24
yeti66
Les Paul Forum Member
 
yeti66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 37
Re: Now I know where those "Pawn Stars" Les Pauls really came from

Quote:
Originally Posted by 27sauce View Post
Wow, awesome!
Which one of you is Cagney and which one is Lacey?
LOL!! Cagney maybe, possibly Lacy, I'm whichever one was brunett!

That's a cute picture of you next to that beautiful guitar!!
yeti66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-10, 01:12 PM   #25
27sauce
Les Paul Forum Member
 
27sauce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,351
Re: Now I know where those "Pawn Stars" Les Pauls really came from

Thanks!
27sauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-10, 01:18 PM   #26
27sauce
Les Paul Forum Member
 
27sauce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,351
Re: Now I know where those "Pawn Stars" Les Pauls really came from

I thought I recognized those guys
27sauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-10, 01:24 PM   #27
yeti66
Les Paul Forum Member
 
yeti66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 37
Re: Now I know where those "Pawn Stars" Les Pauls really came from

Quote:
Originally Posted by 27sauce View Post
I thought I recognized those guys
yeti66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-10, 05:49 PM   #28
Texas Blues
In the Zone/Backstage Pass
 
Texas Blues's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Republic of Texas
Posts: 3,627
Re: Now I know where those "Pawn Stars" Les Pauls really came from

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwest View Post
That's great! You should post about the Les Pauls and how both the guy who was trying to sell his "1960" Les Paul Custom and the "expert" that Rick called in to appraise it both work at the same store, Cowtown Guitars. You should also say that that same guitar is pictured in Cowtown's inventory(sold) page and how the 70's Les Paul that Rick traded for the double barreled musket also came from Cowtown Guitars.Oh and don't forget to mention that Cowtown Guitar's webpage say: " WATCH FOR COWTOWN GUITARS ON EPISODES OF "PAWN STARS" on THE HISTORY CHANNEL !!!!"
Wait until I get my V back from those guys! Ya'll are gonna' get me banned at my favorite guitar joint!
Texas Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-10, 06:57 PM   #29
kwest
Les Paul Forum Member
 
kwest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 612
Re: Now I know where those "Pawn Stars" Les Pauls really came from

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Blues View Post
Wait until I get my V back from those guys! Ya'll are gonna' get me banned at my favorite guitar joint!
Haha,hey Texas ... what is that sweet Goldtop that Jesse has? Maybe you can be on an episode of Pawn Star. You could borrow Jesse's guitar and bring it in to Gold and Silver Pawn, tell Rick that it is a 1957 Les Paul that you found and you want to sell it for $40,000 and then he will call Jesse to come in to appraise it. That would be sweet!

kwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-10, 07:20 PM   #30
Ryan Givhan
Les Paul Forum Member
 
Ryan Givhan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Lexington Kentucky
Posts: 3,180
Re: Now I know where those "Pawn Stars" Les Pauls really came from

why does it seem like everyone is mad about this TV show?


isnt this how all reality tv shows work? i mean they are never actually real.
Ryan Givhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-10, 07:25 PM   #31
27sauce
Les Paul Forum Member
 
27sauce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,351
Re: Now I know where those "Pawn Stars" Les Pauls really came from

Thats what I'm wondering.
27sauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-10, 07:42 PM   #32
garywright
Les Paul Forum Member
 
garywright's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 10,946
Re: Now I know where those "Pawn Stars" Les Pauls really came from

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwest View Post
I'm "purty sure" this guitar isn't a burst.
garywright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-10, 07:46 PM   #33
kwest
Les Paul Forum Member
 
kwest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 612
Re: Now I know where those "Pawn Stars" Les Pauls really came from

Quote:
Originally Posted by garywright View Post
I'm "purty sure" this guitar isn't a burst.
No,it's a Goldtop.
kwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-10, 07:59 PM   #34
Texas Blues
In the Zone/Backstage Pass
 
Texas Blues's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Republic of Texas
Posts: 3,627
Re: Now I know where those "Pawn Stars" Les Pauls really came from

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwest View Post
Haha,hey Texas ... what is that sweet Goldtop that Jesse has? Maybe you can be on an episode of Pawn Star. You could borrow Jesse's guitar and bring it in to Gold and Silver Pawn, tell Rick that it is a 1957 Les Paul that you found and you want to sell it for $40,000 and then he will call Jesse to come in to appraise it. That would be sweet!

Can't say I've seen that particular one. Lots of vintage pieces come through the shop and I only hit that joint once a month or so. I'm "purty sure" the cats down at Gold and Silver Pawn are on to Jesse's schtick.
Texas Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-10, 06:34 AM   #35
Stiggs
Les Paul Forum Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Home of "The Tulsa Sound"
Posts: 305
Re: Now I know where those "Pawn Stars" Les Pauls really came from

damn, that stupid show was so obviously fake from the first episode. good comedy, tho'.


WHO DAT SAY DEY GONNA BEAT DEM SAINT?
__________________
Texas Supro junkie
Stiggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-10, 07:40 AM   #36
jrfisher
Les Paul Forum Member
 
jrfisher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 1,073
Re: Now I know where those "Pawn Stars" Les Pauls really came from

I like the show, I like seeing the oddball things and getting a little history lesson.

When I saw the episode where the guy brought in a 70's and said it was a 60's, I thought something was up. How could a guy that gigged for years, not know that was a 70's guitar.

I'm a little bummed to find out just how "Scripted" it really is, I thought there was a bit of truth to the things just coming in off the street.

I'll still watch the show. It's still entertainment for me. I like going to garage sales and finding the buried treasures.
jrfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-10, 08:01 AM   #37
TommyTouch
Les Paul Forum Member
 
TommyTouch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,005
Re: Now I know where those "Pawn Stars" Les Pauls really came from

I quote Steve Allen... "Radio is entertainment for mind, television is entertainment for the mindless."
TommyTouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-10, 11:30 AM   #38
yeti66
Les Paul Forum Member
 
yeti66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 37
Re: Now I know where those "Pawn Stars" Les Pauls really came from

This post must have pissed someone off on the history channels website for pawnstars, because its vanished twice now http://boards.history.com/topic/Pawn...What/520082444
its almost like someone doesn't want this posting on there site

I think I'll have to repost it again




Quote:
Originally Posted by kwest View Post
Wow! Hey check out this post about Pawn Stars that I found on a forum for guys that collect vintage gas pumps.

"speaking of entertainment...

I wrote Rick today...found him online and sent him this:

Hi -

Are you the same 'Rick's Restorations' that was on the History Channel show 'Pawn Stars' last night?

...and I got this reply:

To:
Subject: Re: Pawn Stars?
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2009 21:38:45 -0500
From: restoricks@aol.com

Yes

Thank you,
Rick Dale
Rick's Restorations - Everything old is new again!
(702) 655-5544

...so I sent him the following:

Hi Rick -

Wow...what a small world!

Hey, that was some Coca-Cola machine! I gotta tell you, it looked like a different machine when you were finished with it.

I mean that - it really looked like a different machine. It looks like you started with a trashed machine, maybe a Vendo?...and finished with a Cavalier. My buddies and I were trying to figure out how you got the embossed Coca-Cola logo to be smaller on the 'restored' machine than on the original. We all thought of the number of hours it would take to do all of that work (and how much it would cost), and we decided it would have been easier for you just to roll out a restored Cavalier, and pass that off as if you had transformed that rusty junk into another make/model Coke machine. That dope on Pawn Stars couldn't tell the difference, right?

Hey - I guess that's why you're on TV...

One more thing - that gas pump you restored for the Pawn Stars...funny, the man that sold that pump to you years ago is a friend of mine! (Small world, right?) Anyway, he was watching the show with his wife, and - in his words - he almost fell out of his chair when he saw that pump. His wife actually recognized it! I mean, what are the odds that a pump you bought got sold unrestored to someone, who just happened to bring it into that Pawn Shop - only for them to buy it and return it to you for restoration? They'd have to be astronomical!

If I didn't know better, I'd almost think the people bringing stuff into that cool pawn shop were bringing your stuff in there and just acting like it was their stuff. What a set-up that would be! The guys filming the show would get a plot, and you'd get a 30-minute commercial for your business on the History Channel. Heck, you could get your employees or friends to play the part of the 'seller' at the pawn shop - and you wouldn't even have to pay an actor!

But, hey - that would all be a big fraud, wouldn't it?"

Last edited by yeti66 : 02-08-10 at 11:48 AM.
yeti66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-10, 12:26 PM   #39
kwest
Les Paul Forum Member
 
kwest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 612
Re: Now I know where those "Pawn Stars" Les Pauls really came from

Yeah I replied to a post about "Gun for Guitar" and now all the preceding posts have disappeared

http://boards.history.com/topic/Pawn...itar/520090753
kwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-10, 11:50 AM   #40
The Wedge
Les Paul Forum Member
 
The Wedge's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 142
Re: Now I know where those "Pawn Stars" Les Pauls really came from

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58Lover View Post
Of course they are...

Shit, even "Cheaters" is scripted....
Cheaters is so fake. I've spotted the same actors in different scenes. They try to cover it up by blurring their faces.
The Wedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:34 PM.




 



The Les Paul Forum is a privately owned and operated site.
The Les Paul Forum is in no way affiliated with Gibson Musical Instrument Corporation.
All trademarks are the property of GMIC.

All messages on this forum express the views of the author
and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of
The Les Paul Forum and/or it's administration.
The Les Paul Forum will not be held responsible for the content
of any messages posted on this forum.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2014 Les Paul Forum