• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

R0/G0 Darkburst now available

skhan007

Today I got the new GC catalog and the new G0 is going to be offered in a darkburst. The pic looks pretty good in the catalog (I don't have a scanner, so I can't post it). Other than the color, I think all specs are the same. They're now using bumblebee caps (mine is an '06 and did not come with bumblebees).

I must say, that darkburst is one of my favorite finishes and would be great on an R0/G0. Best deal in town, if you ask me. :2zone

Khan.

DrewB

I've seen a couple of those "in the wood," and they are pretty yummy. I haven't found the right one yet, though.

GotTheSilver

I saw that in the GC catalog also. I noticed in the text it described the guitar as "flamed-top", but the picture is of a plain top and the price corresponds to a plain top. I think it was a mistake in the description. If they were selling a flame top R0 in darkburst at that price, I would buy one in a heartbeat!

SneakyK

I saw that in the GC catalog also. I noticed in the text it described the guitar as "flamed-top", but the picture is of a plain top and the price corresponds to a plain top. I think it was a mistake in the description. If they were selling a flame top R0 in darkburst at that price, I would buy one in a heartbeat!

Mistakes are GC's specialty!:hee

hanknc

Like this one?

normal_G0_7217_%282%29.jpg

TheMiz

They were in the GC catolog months ago
I got this one then

GO2007DarkBurst%20011SMALL.jpg

TheMiz

They came out in Sept 07 and were the centerfold photo in the Sept GC catolog.

Macs69

Went to Guitar Center in Glen Burnie today, no catalogs. Called GC's website, and the agent I talked to had no idea how to find this. Any more clues?

TheMiz

As I said I got mine 5 months ago and I thought the dark burst were limited runs.

I could be wrong

BLUESKYZ

Les Paul Forum Member, Formerly loudiv
Aren't these the Bourbon Bursts? If so, there were a few posts about these going last fall........

todd richman

captaincanada. Is your buddy's 2007 Tobacco a GC/G0 or a regular 2007 R8-it is really gorgeous. Reminds me of Paul Kossoff's Tobaccoburst plaintop.

davebc

The local GC had two darkbursts. I definitely don't need another Lester, but the color was breathtaking. It was very difficult not taking it home.
The two I saw were R0's, but the feel was much different from the 07 R0 Yamano Murphy my buddy just bought. I belive GC's R0's specs may be slightly different. These were not flametops, unfortunately; but gorgeous as the previous photo shows! Very yummy stuff!

hanknc

The dark G0's have a different look. The ones I've seen (and I own one of them) have had unique looking sunbursts for Historics. That is to say that they don't look like the Faded Tobacco series or the Brockbursts I've seen. Bourbon Burst? That rings a bell.

Does anyone have their Gibson box that shows the product code?

normal_G0_7217_%283%29.jpg

captaincanada

captaincanada. Is your buddy's 2007 Tobacco a GC/G0 or a regular 2007 R8-it is really gorgeous. Reminds me of Paul Kossoff's Tobaccoburst plaintop.

Todd,
his guitar is a GO. It's a 2007 that he bought in Chattanooga last month. Yeah, it is a gorgeous guitar. He brought that guitar to one of my gigs and sat in for couple of sets and I leered at it the whole time!