• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Are all my Gibsons in vane?

PLarson

I have an SG, two Vs, and four Les Pauls. The only guitar I play is my routed 1969 Goldtop. Should I sell all the others?

MikeSlub

Administrator
Yes, if you don't play them and/or don't want them in your stable anymore. :hank

Y

yeti

Depends on your personality. I sincerely doubt that every guitar owned by LPF members gets played, many of them just spend their life in cases or on display. If it doesn't bother you and you don't need the money I'd say keep them, you might pick a different favorite soon.
If it was me on the other hand they'd be long gone.

TommyTouch

Would you rather have the guitars or the money? Ask yourself what would you do with money after the guitars are gone, buy more guitars yeah. Are you gigging? I always take two guitars to the gig. I have four Les Pauls, but I don't think they in vain. They are my treasures, I could sell them easily, but I just don't want to let them go.. If I had to sell them because I needed the money for more important things, I suppose I would. Do what you have to do to find peace and happiness.

moonweasel

I think you should sell some stuff, not just because I like LSLPs. Personally, I respect others when it comes to owning multiple Les Pauls, but it's not for me. Too much overlap. Maybe try something weird, and pickup a DuoJet Gretsch or a Rickenbacker. Something "out there".

brandtkronholm

I think you should sell some stuff, not just because I like LSLPs. Personally, I respect others when it comes to owning multiple Les Pauls, but it's not for me. Too much overlap. Maybe try something weird, and pickup a DuoJet Gretsch or a Rickenbacker. Something "out there".

+1

Trade them in for something cool! Go vintage or high-end reissue or get a new amp!

toxpert

I am down to one Les Paul now - a routed '68 road warrier. This one feels just right and I have no regrets over selling the others.

RNELEE

I recently sold a Melody Maker and a Baby Taylor and it was liberating. Mind you that I still have 2 LP's and another MM plus an acoustic and a Cigar Box Guitar, 5 total. I need all of these. I rotate the 2 LP's and the MM is in open D. Yes, I need them all. It's a tough choice to get rid of a Gibson but if you don't play them or need the money or you would just feel better without the inventory-still a tough choice. Sorry for the rant...

jrfisher

Sell the extra guitars, put the money in the bank, and be happy that you have an emergency or rainy day fund.

dc007

All of my Les Pauls are special. Having said that there is one that is very neglected. All but that one get played in a rotation. I like the sound and feel of my Historics best but they are all good. I do have several other guitars that probably should go to someone that would play them but it is a tough thing to part with them.

thin sissy

Sell them and buy a ES330 and a National resonator guitar (cause that's what I want at the moment... :) ).

djangolad

Or a Duesenberg perhaps?

Doc Sausage

There's a good chance you will rue the day you sold them. You can only play one at a time anyway. If you don't need the $ to feed the children, keep the guitars.

lonesomesheik

The Goldtop is your fave which is good, to expand a bit get a good one with P90s (SG /LP...)and an ES (whatever your choice is), three is company as they say, keep one of those in open tuning for a bit of slide. Having two guitars at least is a must if a friend should pop by:2cool

bigtomrodney

I used to hoard, now I have a semi-strict imposition rule of two electrics and one acoustic imposed on myself. It's not for any reason other than to ensure I really, really want the guitars I have. If I really want them - and I've had enough flings and long-term commitments for sentimental or guilt reasons - then I can revisit the rule. In the meantime that rule helps ease the decision to move guitars on that aren't something I completely couldn't live without.

mistersnappy

Some say an unplayed guitar is sacrilege, others don't care. I've never owned more than two Les Pauls at any one time-and most of the time it was one: a Conversion. Sounds like the others are more eye candy than used. I also like idea that they are a forced savings account. :2cool

Texas Blues

Don't sell any of them. You just aren't inspired to play them. Drop some Lollar p90's in the V's and both will be the best sounding strats Fender never made. Take the SG and tune it to open G for slide. Same for one of the LP's. Top wrap the other 2 LP's you don't play. Top wrap the V's too. Maybe its not the guitars that are uninspiring. Maybe its the amp. A well built 5e3 cranked to the 6's on the chickenheads will make a woman wetter than a shampooed water buffalo.

stock_hippie

Les Paul Froum Member
OHMYGOD!!Texas blues..will make a woman wetter than a shampooed water buffalo.... igoota try that on my GF...maybe shell drop one of her boy friends!!
S_H