• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

1982 Les Paul Custom Restoration and Refinish

scundo

Hi folks. Long time member that has been away from the forum for a long time. Last winter my father and I restored and refinished my 1982 LPC. This guitar was a gift from my father when I was 15 (I'm 44 now). It had been played and thoroughly enjoyed for many years. I had refinished it back in 2001 after removing and plugging the hole that held the Kahler trem. While it wasn't bad for a first attempt, it deserved better. Here are some pics of the restore. It was a fun father & son project (of course all father & son projects are fun :peace2 ). The restore was a resounding success IMHO. I hope you like the pics. It's nice to be back. I missed this forum.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.4968006451030.1073741825.1625255444&type=3

Last edited: