• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

1998 Les Paul Double Cut Standard

Blue97FXSTC

I'd like to share some photos of a 1998 LP DC Standard I just bought.
It's got plenty of honest wear, and it will have plenty more before I'm done with it.
I'm guessing 490R/498T pups, which have a lot of output.
24-fret, Grovers, chrome H/W, single volume & single tone.
The belly cut-out makes it very comfortable to play, too.
Not like I really needed another guitar, but the price was too good to pass up.
It sounds great, is wonderful to play, and I'm really enjoying it.

Here it is...

LP-DC-09.jpg

LP-DC-01.jpg

LP-DC-03.jpg

LP-DC-02.jpg

LP-DC-04.jpg

gibson-r8

I cant seem to open your pictures, but those can be terrific bargains. The custom shop models are unique critters, and if yours had 24 frets it very well might be one (Snake head headstock?).

karl1

I have a 2001- a very underrated guitar! Hard to re- sell though!:2zone

Ryan Givhan

nice guitar. i opened for July for Kings years ago and their guitar player played a natural colored flame monster double cut.

just a question, but how do you wear the top of the guitar like that but not the face, where your arm rests?

Blue97FXSTC

just a question, but how do you wear the top of the guitar like that but not the face, where your arm rests?

Good question - Who knows?
Same with the wear on the cutaway near the low E string.
Maybe this is someone's poor attempt at a relic job, or maybe it really is genuine wear.

In any case, I've been playing the guitar non-stop for the last several weeks, and really like it!

Ryan Givhan

Good question - Who knows?
Same with the wear on the cutaway near the low E string.
Maybe this is someone's poor attempt at a relic job, or maybe it really is genuine wear.

In any case, I've been playing the guitar non-stop for the last several weeks, and really like it!

excellent man, nothing like playing a guitar that you like/love!! keep rockin'!