• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Gibson Memory Cable Anyone?

Reverend David

These just became available for sale today! I ordered mine through American Musical but they may also be available at other online merchants. Was wondering if anyone else heard about these and if you have any interest in getting one too? They're only $99.99 :##

http://www2.gibson.com/Memory-Cable.aspx

GibsonHero_MemoryCable.jpg

frenchphil

from what ia read on gibson website, it's a simple recorder straight out of the guitar,

and it works as a standard cable too

a portable mini recorder, that fits into a cable so you don't need to carry a recorder at jam sessions

let's say, you are just jamming with friends without recording equipment, and you are on fire that night, and come up with new riffs, then you are the only one who will have a record of what you did last night which everybody thought was great

i'm just guessing, never used one, and dont need one

but yes, it's a good idea,

and if you have a mixing desk but no one to record, you plug it into the PA DIRECT OUT and can record the session

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
a portable mini recorder, that fits into a cable so you don't need to carry a recorder at jam sessions

let's say, you are just jamming with friends without recording equipment, and you are on fire that night, and come up with new riffs, then you are the only one who will have a record of what you did last night which everybody thought was great

But does it record the rest of the band?

Taken out of context, my solos suck. :ganz

Y

yeti

But does it record the rest of the band?

Taken out of context, my solos suck. :ganz

It might be aimed at the bedroom player.....like so many of Gibson's offerings these days:couch

seriously, the reamping option alone is worth the money if it sounds decent.:salude