• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Finally a "real" Historic Gibson Les Paul

1Duffy1

GIB%20LPSTG%20GGNBC1.jpg

http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Ele...Gibson-USA/Government-Series-II-Les-Paul.aspx
Explicitly ****Not**** an advertisement or in any way promotional of this product or any other product. For "Educational Use Only".

The limited run "Government" Gibson Les Paul. Made with wood that was confiscated by the Government and later returned to Gibson. Featuring a real "rosewood" fretboard made from rosewood returned to Gibson from the seizure of ostensibly illegal rosewood.

These are truly "Historic" guitars specially offered for the cork sniffing'est of cork sniffers. Select tone woods and attention to detail make these "Government" limited run LP's very special corner pieces to be admired. These are for the most patriotic Gibson owners to cherish and hand down to upcoming generations of Gibson devotee's.

This is the "real thing", no joke.

1Duffy1

Not a fan of the color.

Yeah, me neither, but the Explorer version looks kinda cool, as well as the SG.

They have the Flying Eagle grasping a Gibson neck in its claws engraved on the pickguards.

goldtop0

Congrats and welcome to the forum Duffy.....play the heck out of her:2cool

1Duffy1

Congrats and welcome to the forum Duffy.....play the heck out of her:2cool

Thanks but I didn't get one. I have a real nice maple top faded brown LP with a rosewood fretboard and a '12 Gibson SG Standard heritage cherry with the 490/498's.

I wonder, however, if these guitars have real nice rosewood fretboards, since it is from the seized rosewood? Was that some specially nice rosewood the governments got involved in?

sgtJoe

Glad they did those, the government should be ashamed. Henry was on Foxnews last week when they did a piece on these.

goldtop0

Thanks but I didn't get one. I have a real nice maple top faded brown LP with a rosewood fretboard and a '12 Gibson SG Standard heritage cherry with the 490/498's.

I wonder, however, if these guitars have real nice rosewood fretboards, since it is from the seized rosewood? Was that some specially nice rosewood the governments got involved in?

Ok gotcha now.
I think it was Indian rosewood.

access

So basically it is a Faded LP Studio/SG/V and Explorer that they are selling for roughly $200 more than normal?

That basically adds up to the cost of the "Fine" that was levied on them. So basically the consumer paid for it in the end!

I also notice that these are selling for over list on Ebay right now, but as I remember, the Robot sold for as much as $7500 at the height of the madness when they were released!

How's the value on that First edition Robot investment workin out for ya? LOL.

nevizzzy

I'm struggling to imagine a more visually unappealing guitar and concept.