• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

1973 small script Standard

Bob Womack

Did yours come with nylon saddles?
Yep. My roommate and bandmate in college had a '74 in dark tobacco burst (brownish black at edges) that had metal saddles and speed knobs. A previous owner of his guitar had replaced the Klusons with Grovers. He is on the right in this '77 pic:
bobnbobsm.jpg

Here is mine in the case.

lpincasetouched.jpg

Bob

shred

Awesome :dude:

The closest I got was a '76 T-burst Standard. I always wanted a mahogany neck '72-'74 though. Really cool :eek:le

Kris Ford

Yep. My roommate and bandmate in college had a '74 in dark tobacco burst (brownish black at edges) that had metal saddles and speed knobs. A previous owner of his guitar had replaced the Klusons with Grovers. He is on the right in this '77 pic:
bobnbobsm.jpg

Nice pic!!! Playing some harmonies I see...:yah

guitplayer

Bob ,really cool you kept it all this time.
Still got the bell bottoms?

Bob Womack

Bob ,really cool you kept it all this time.
Still got the bell bottoms?
Uh, no. I think they would be a size too small at this point. :dang The guitar has seen a lot of concerts, sessions, and miles, at this point. I can't tell you how many times in response to a family financial crisis I was ready to sell it but my wife stopped me. Thanks, Babe.

Bob

guitplayer

You got me thinking about nylon saddles.
I`ve got enough old ones I can put on there. Wasn`t sure they were used that late.
Stay tuned 440

guitplayer

So far. unplugged.
I`ll run it thru today
Saddles off a 69 collasped bridge I had.
They look like they belong there.

zombiwoof

You got me thinking about nylon saddles.
I`ve got enough old ones I can put on there. Wasn`t sure they were used that late.
Stay tuned 440

Some guys like nylon on just the top plain strings, to take off a little of the brightness, and leave the brass saddles on the bottom. I've been thinking of trying that on one of my guitars.

Al

guitplayer

Warmed up the 73`50 watt.
The guitar sounds not as bright..very good.

Update.. As you can see,the B string saddle slot too deep.
As luck would have I had a spare (age appropiate)that worked.