• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Mick Ronson's Les Paul + other gear.

Billy Porter

Some cool videos new to Youtube first placed on the Mick Ronson Forum

Rick Tedesco talking about Ronsons iconic 1968 LP custom

http://youtu.be/bjuIIglVB5E

To Mick Ronson fans this is the equivalent of The Beano or Page's no 2 and although I'm sure some of the members on this forum may laugh (if it aint JP, Gibbon's, or a vintage LP it's not relevant :rolleyes: )- it's non the less a hugely influencial instrument

Ronson and this guitar is primarily why I took up playing the guitar after seeing him play 8th June 1973 at Newcastle City Hall - both shows:dude: .

His solo stuff (which I rarely listen to), his work on Hunky Dory, The Man Who Sold the World, Ziggy Stardust and Alladin Sane where all done on this guitar plus some later stuff with Ian Hunter and also Lou Reeds 'Transformer'.

In its present condition without the Ronno provenance not worth much, but to Ronson fans………priceless :)

Some of his other stuff - http://youtu.be/-Edfiwe_jpQ

shred

Awesome :applaude

Mick Ronson was one of the coolest... Ask Randy Rhoads & Billy Duffy :dude:

sonar

Mick Ronson is criminally overlooked amongst the LP crowd. I still get chills when I hear this guitar kick in at the beginning of Queen Bitch or the lead lines to Starman.

Thanks for the link.

Triburst

That was an impressive collection.

Mick is the reason my first Gibson Custom Shop guitar was a '68 LP Custom reissue.

One of my favorite Mick Ronson concerts was when he was a supporting guitarist for "Bob Dylan and the Rolling Thunder Revue" in 1976. They actually made a stop where I went to college (Hattiesburg, MS) -- and it was great: Bob Dylan, Kinky Friedman, Roger McGuinn, Ramblin' Jack Elliot, Bob Neuwirth, T-Bone Burnett, Mick Ronson, David Mansfield, Steven Soles and several others. Yeah, we had to deal with 20 minutes of Joan Baez, but it was worth it. :dude:

thin sissy

Thanks for posting this! Ronno is one of my favs, and this video was new to me.

I'd say that, at least in europe, Ronson's playing was just as influential as many of the old bluesers :) .

Nobi

Thanks for the cool videos.

After watching these I had to dig out my RAT and play Ziggy Stardust.

Lenny

Great video, thanks for posting.

Ronson, Ralphs, Taylor... I'm definitely calling my son Mick.

plonky17

Wonderful video. Ronson was awesome and his tone is incredible. Billy Duffy's Les Paul has the 'Ronson' look.

Jabba-burst

What a collection. I wish I had Ronson's guitar!

I am a huge Bowie/Ronson fan... my avatar is Bowie here and Ronson on TGP!

stock_hippie

Les Paul Froum Member
What a collection. I wish I had Ronson's guitar!

I am a huge Bowie/Ronson fan... my avatar is Bowie here and Ronson on TGP!
did he play on Reb Rebel..thats my favorite one...even more than Stairway which is my favorite one..

steve_p

I thought that Ronson played a Sunn amp while with Bowie? Can anybody confirm this?