• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

1954 Anniversary Les Paul Custom

Ken Fortunato

Administrator
Staff member
Do you have any idea how hard it is to resist opening this box... It's been 2 hours, 36 minutes and 29 seconds... D'oh!!! :##

16293507642_a957c0c2e0_b.jpg

DanD

Really? You actually wait?

I rip right into them just hoping they check. The new ones never have.

Did you get the 9 pound 2 ounce '54?

Had they had one in the 8 range I may have had to move some funds around. Supposedly 25 in the run. I keep checking back hoping for the best!

HNGD :salude

Ken Fortunato

Administrator
Staff member
Really? You actually wait?

I rip right into them just hoping they check. The new ones never have.

Did you get the 9 pound 2 ounce '54?

Had they had one in the 8 range I may have had to move some funds around. Supposedly 25 in the run. I keep checking back hoping for the best!

HNGD :salude

Yeah, I waited, but it wasn't really that bad... I had a meeting and a followup conference call that kept me busy until after lunchtime...

The people at Sweetwater said it was 9lbs - 4oz, but my postal scale puts it at 9lbs even...

Thanks! :salude

Last edited:

Ken Fortunato

Administrator
Staff member
Okay... Now that we're back... Guess what?

I got a new guitar on Friday, just before the forum upgrade... In fact, I only had time to post the picture of the box label and when I signed back on, we were in the Twilight Zone... :rofl

At any rate, here it is...

16294287831_2dfc3581f0_b.jpg

16295229302_b983106c1e_b.jpg

My pair of 54's...

16108541328_f6f42b1f21_b.jpg

All three LP's together...

16111884817_9cc05069e6_b.jpg

rays44

Congrats! I have a particular fondness for those two guitars. If you want to hear a beautiful tone out of the alnico p/u, turn your amp up (keep it on the clean side) and roll the volume down on that p/u. If the volume pot doesn't roll off the high end, you'll hear a tone that is simply remarkable and very different than having the guitar volume on 10. :salude

Ken Fortunato

Administrator
Staff member
Congrats! I have a particular fondness for those two guitars. If you want to hear a beautiful tone out of the alnico p/u, turn your amp up (keep it on the clean side) and roll the volume down on that p/u. If the volume pot doesn't roll off the high end, you'll hear a tone that is simply remarkable and very different than having the guitar volume on 10. :salude

Thanks! :salude

I've been putting it through the paces with my Reinhardt and Twin and it's incredible... :peace2

Ken Fortunato

Administrator
Staff member
Congratulations.
I love mine.
Here it is, fresh out of its box.

LP_54_ri_2_zps84a43124.jpg

AWESOME!!! Congrats... :salude

I gotta say... This is the most amount of money that I've EVER spent on a single guitar and it's worth EVERY penny... I couldn't be happier... :peace2

Midnight Blues

Hum? Looks like my post from last night on the new site didn't take?

In any event, what a (Black) BEAUTY she is Kenny!!!!! :applaude

I have a '72 (a "Fretless Wonder") Limited Edition that I've had since '73 which I absolutely love!!!!! It has my favorite neck out of all my guitars.

The "Staple" is an AWESOME pickup isn't it?

Congrats and play her in good health!

:salude

renderit

Kenny, they sent you the wrong one again. Just send it to me and I'll take care of it for you.

Ken Fortunato

Administrator
Staff member
Hum? Looks like my post from last night on the new site didn't take?

In any event, what a (Black) BEAUTY she is Kenny!!!!! :applaude

I have a '72 (a "Fretless Wonder") Limited Edition that I've had since '73 which I absolutely love!!!!! It has my favorite neck out of all my guitars.

The "Staple" is an AWESOME pickup isn't it?

Congrats and play her in good health!

:salude

I think those posts were lost in the rollback...

Yes! The Alnico V Staple pickup is out of this world...

Thank you... :salude

Kenny, they sent you the wrong one again. Just send it to me and I'll take care of it for you.

:rofl :salude

Nice Score Kenny, Congrats :salude

Congrats....she's a beauty!!!! What was the weight?

Sweetwater said it was 9lbs - 4oz, but my postal scale puts it at 9lbs even...

DMartini

have you seen the price of the one on fleabay at the mo? from the outfit in Japan :bug
if that's anything to go by, you have made a very great sounding investment right there! :salude
i posted on the new old site, but ill say it again (seeing its gone), that's a stunner right there Kenny congrats :dude:

Ken Fortunato

Administrator
Staff member
any plans for some speed knobs Kenny?

I like the witch hats... :peace2

have you seen the price of the one on fleabay at the mo? from the outfit in Japan :bug
if that's anything to go by, you have made a very great sounding investment right there! :salude
i posted on the new old site, but ill say it again (seeing its gone), that's a stunner right there Kenny congrats :dude:

Ya know... I missed out on the R7 Customs back in the 2006, or thereabouts... Then I watched the prices soar on RI Customs... I wasn't about to let this one slip by... Especially since I'm an R4 kind of guy anyway...

Thanks!!! :salude