• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

contest: most insane top ever..........

trioderob

Les Paul Froum Member
try to top this as the most insane les paul of all time!

url]

traviserickson

untopable

yes, i think that les paul ultimas are the sexiest guitar ever created. i will be shocked if anyone can top that.

-Travis

p.s. - is that your guitar?

trioderob

Les Paul Froum Member
not mine but.....

i DID HOLD IT IN MY HANDS!

The area around the top pup was so flamed out as to not be believable.
I really got the impression that the guy at gibson who picked this out
must have been hell bent to get the best wood in the world.
Its flames have a depth to them that look to be half an inch deep when you hold this baby
In your hands. It really almost looks ridiculous because it is sooooooo flamed that
It is not even like a musical instrument anymore it is a work of art!

traviserickson

god i know what you mean. that guitar is the god of guitars. i envy you for being able to hold.
if i had 10 grand, i'd spend it all on the ultima.

brianf

I'm not a quilt fan but that is one 3D top! If you check out Mike Slubs page in the guitar galleries, he has some nice ones as well. ( nice---understatement.)

brianf

Krlphnx

uggh!

Are you guys serious?

whew, you can keep that for $10K, I'll find a nice fire-grained 57 Junior and have enough left for an R8...that harp bridge looks like something my mom would hang plants in...

Krlphnx

59refin

The harp I can handle. It's all that beautiful quilt with a clownburst finish. Wheres a nice iced tea or washed cherry when you need it?

whippost575859

My vote still goes for that R9 in the first historic brochure. WHEW!! That, by definition, is flame.

Dave Amato has a guitar with an almost identical top also. Seen that one from three rows back, it is one killer guitar.

Shovel95

it's beautiful! and intense!

I don't have a heavy quilt to share, but here's my answers to that one:

The Bengal Whore
Img_0027.jpg

The Excalibur:
Img_0075.jpg

P0001747.JPG

And Last, but certainly not least, from the Monarch of Maple, fellow forumite Joe Ganzler, the one and only : GLADYS (yes boys and girls.....it's real)
211Img_0132.jpg

Green

That Ultima is certainly insane but GLADYS is what a classic Les Paul top is all about. Beautiful guitar, Joe.

BigMikeD

Regarding the Ultima pictured here: Insane? Probably. Ugly? Most certainly. There aren't many L.P.s that fall into my WTFIT? category, but that's one of 'em.

davegeetar

Re: uggh!

Krlphnx said:
Are you guys serious?

...that harp bridge looks like something my mom would hang plants in...

Krlphnx

HAHAHAHA!!!!!! :lol1 :lol1

amen brother

prekazi

the most insane top has got to be the one posted here a month or so ago, half tiger stripes - half quilt. I don't have the pic, but I am sure you know which one I am talking about.