• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Any thoughts on the ES Les Paul

Guitardon

I played one at the Guitar Center in Chicago and thought is was pretty cool. I didn't have time to plug it in but man was it light weight. I am getting at that age where doing a 4 set gig with a Les Paul as my only guitar would kick my butt. But the bottom line is I love the look and sound of a Les Paul, I realize the ES won't sound quite the same plugged in but if it sounds like a 335/Les Paul it might work for me.

I wonder what the forum members think of the Es Les Paul, have any of you checked them out? What do you think about them? I am just looking for a little feedback on what you guys think.:hmm

Cogswell

The Duke of Dumbassery
I would love to own one, although I can appreciate the irony of one of the first widely popular solid body guitars going full-on hollow.

Guitardon

I bought one yesterday. I like it. :dude:

Glad to hear, photos please! I want one but they only have the black top at GC. I'm going to call around and see if anyone has a flametop today.:eek:la

MikeSlub

Administrator
Glad to hear, photos please! I want one but they only have the black top at GC. I'm going to call around and see if anyone has a flametop today.:eek:la

Mine has a lightly figured top, and will take photos tonight. :hank

Guitardon

Mine has a lightly figured top, and will take photos tonight. :hank

What do you think about the black top? The more I think about it, I have several sunbursts maybe the blacktop will be a nice change.

MikeSlub

Administrator
Dammit Slubo!

:rofl :rofl

Hey, I can't help it! I went to Wildwood this past weekend and they had four of them to check out; one came home with me with a nice dark board and light figure.

Played it with my band at Sunday's rehearsal, and it sounded pretty cool! And it's pretty easy on the shoulder! :hank

MikeSlub

Administrator
Here's a few photos:

2014%20Gibson%20ES%20Les%20Paul.jpg

ES%20Les%20Paul.jpg

parts

One piece top as ES.. Very nice.. My 66 355 has no problem with feed back..but it is a heavy back breaker too..

Beautiful

Radagacuca

a very nice guitar imho.

i wonder how it compares tonally to a 339?
they should be pretty similar due to the construction...?
what about neck-heavyness?

thanks for any info

that would certainly be a nice addition to the stable...

Texas Blues

Beautiful guitar Mike.

A guitar that purty' I reckon I'd be inspired to learn a 3rd chord.

MikeSlub

Administrator
a very nice guitar imho.

i wonder how it compares tonally to a 339?
they should be pretty similar due to the construction...?
what about neck-heavyness?

thanks for any info

that would certainly be a nice addition to the stable...

No neck heaviness - it is well balanced. :hank