• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Let's see your guitar collection

Daniel James

Here's a few vintage pieces...'72 Custom, '75 Starcaster, '65 ES-335 and '73 Telecaster.
Gonna try and get a full shot of all 21 up soon!

IMG_5869_zps1aa714a6.jpg

shred

Nice stuff DJ... I'd love to see your entire collection :dude:

Those big group pics are a pain to shoot tho...

Before I got into Historics, I was really into late 60's early 70's Norlin/CBS stuff. I'm in a retro/alt rock band (not super active at the moment) and we use only 'vintage' gear. Three of us had pretty decent collections... Here's the group shot... The drummer even had to use blue Vistalites :biggrin:

IMG_3053-1.jpg

Me with some early 70's stuff

2007_0709Blackmountain070068.jpg

Last edited:

Daniel James

Nice group shot! Are my eyes tricking me or is the sunburst/rosewood fingerboard strat a hardtail?

I love seeing a band with an all-vintage (or just killer) rig. So often it's just the guitarist with the monster rig! I've got a pretty rockin' set of 1970 Ludwigs in blue sparkle and some really killer keyboard stuff that I've lucked out on. I've got a '62 Hammond A100 (B3) with a Leslie 147 and a Rhodes Stage 73 that I was given by a family friend and a fan, respectively. I've only been able to haul that whole arsenal out for live use a couple times, but it's like a time machine once it's all assembled onstage!

shred

Yup the RW board strat was a '74 hardtail from Gruhn's... And yes it's pretty cool when the band is using all vintage gear. It really helps channel the vibe :2cool

johnreardon

I have a total of ten LPs, however here's my 2Tek modded Standard. It's a 2000 model I bought 4 years ago.

It had Bareknuckle PG Blues fitted and I'm afraid I am the one that arranged for a big hole to be cut last year.

lp2tek102.jpg

lp2tek101.jpg

lp2tek106.jpg

lp2tek107.jpg

johnreardon

Interesting. I've seen them as standard on Warmoths, Hamer, Hansen, Peavey, PRS etc, but never on a Paul before now.

There's certainly not many. In addition to Mr Gill's I think a Custom was around a few years ago. Mine is probably the only one in the UK.

I would not recommend anyone doing it to a Historic or valuable guitar, but it turned a relatively cheap 2000 LP I bought 4 years ago from a typical 'muddy' guitar into something where every note is distinct and the sustain is amazing.

Yep seen the Vince clip before. The Mikey he refers to is a friend of mine who runs the Company with a friend

TheBloodhound

Hey johnreardon,
Any chance of clips?
By the way, I think it's great when players treat their guitars as, well, instruments.

johnreardon

Hey johnreardon,
Any chance of clips?
By the way, I think it's great when players treat their guitars as, well, instruments.
Don't think I have any with it but I'll take a look. If not I'll try and do something over the next week or so. Away on holiday at the weekend

saxosim

Hi All

Here is a group shot I took today, left to right - Greco EG700 MIJ, Les Paul Junior, Les Paul double Cut Billie Joe Armstrong, Les Paul Standard, SGJ, seperate photo - Epiphone Firebird MIK

I love them all and think I finally have the collection I want after swapping out a few along the way.

Hope you like them :)

Cheers

Daniel James

Pretty rough photo, and the R8 in the photo was missing the pickguard mount at the time, but the Lester on the right is in storage right now and I thought I'd upload this as I sold the '72 on the left recently.

The guitar on the right is a Les Paul Standard Mahogany from 2003. I would have sold the guitar had Les Paul not given it a personalized signature. Under a hundred were made, and perhaps this is due to the atrocious build quality. The finishing is very sloppy and the stock Duncans sound like muck. That said, I do think it's a killer looking guitar when it has nickel covers on.

lpsm_zpsdddc5b99.jpg

kips2

Before I got into Historics, I was really into late 60's early 70's Norlin/CBS stuff. I'm in a retro/alt rock band (not super active at the moment) and we use only 'vintage' gear. Three of us had pretty decent collections... Here's the group shot... The drummer even had to use blue Vistalites :biggrin:

IMG_3053-1.jpg

God, I just *LOVE* that red 3-PU Custom.....!! It's so...Ace!

kips2

IMG_3053-1.jpg

God, I just *LOVE* that red 3-PU Custom.....!! It's so...Ace!

roxrob

Roxrob, is one of those a Gary Moore?
Yes the Lester at the back is a 2000 Gary Moore sig that I purchased new in 2001. Great guitar and extensively gigged for the last 13 years. Pickups are currently (would you believe it?) a 1970s Ibanez super 70 at the neck position and a hybrid Burstbucker/dimarzio Paf at the bridge.

Man this thing is heavy (over 10lbs) but the thick neck means it sustains like crazy.

Regards

Rob