• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

NGD Les Paul Special AAA Semi-Hollow

tom

Sounds Great, Looks Great, light as a feather.Price was Great too.

Last edited:

DanD

Nice! :salude

What's the neck carve like on yours?

tom

thank you for the nice comments,

the "granidillo" fretboard is very Hershey candy bar brown. not as dark as rosewood, looks real good with this caramel burst.

the neck is not as slim as most Gibson slim necks I have played over the years.

unfortunately the neck is not 50's big, however imho, the neck is between the slim and 50's neck...

the split coil is actually useful to me and sounds real good.

srb531

nice , i got one also & really like it. some fret doctor on mine darkened my fret board quite a bit . looks almost like rosewood now & makes the board play real smooth. i added a pickguard too.

tom

I am up in the air about adding a pickguard...

I see their is a guy online that sells clear full size lp pickguards that screw directly to the pup screws w/o modding the guitar.

..maybe after the honeymoon.

jb_abides

Sounds Great, Looks Great, light as a feather.Price was Great too.

A2.jpg
[/URL]
[

Congrats! Looks nice. This sucka is maybe 1/3 on its way to being a CS 336F :rofl

:salude

Reverend David

Thanks to some good tips from Tom, I have been trying to negotiate with a number of Guitar Centers stores to get one of these guitars for the best deal possible. I initially contacted 8 different GC's located here in the Midwest by email requesting photos to be emailed to me of the ones they had in stock since the amount of flame varies I wanted to see who had the nicest amount of flame.

Interesting was how different GC's operate. First of all five of them responded within a few hours advising me they didn't have any of this model in stock so they couldn't send me photos, but all offered to order me one if I wanted to purchase one. Good job! Communication is king and those folks are to be commended. Two other stores that did have one of these in stock sent pictures right away as well (one in Illinois and one in Iowa where I live).

The local dealer (in West Des Moines) had not responded for 2 days so I called them on the phone and talked to an Assistant Manager and advised him that I had emailed their store and that I had not received a response. He was emphatic that no GC stores had these in stock and that whoever I purchased one from would have to order one for me from their distribution center. I corrected him and told him I had received photos from 2 other GC dealers that have them in stock.

He then offered to sell me one of the other stores guitars and said "we can take care of this right now on the phone" and they can ship your guitar to our store for free shipping. I was and still am put off some by his assurance that "no other GC's have this guitar is stock" like it was an absolute fact that he obviously didn't know what he was talking about. I don't relate well to guys that act like they know it all when they don't - makes em look arrogant.

I then said to him, are there any discounts available on this guitar because of Memorial weekend and he flatly said no. He further advised that this was the lowest this guitar was ever going to be and there was no lower price. He acted like I was trying to get something for nothing and I can assure you that was not my intent. I have spent a lot of money at that store and if he bothered to look on the computer he would have seen that but not sure he cared. I've never heard of this guy before and he's not the first, or last Assistant Manager to work at that store as is the case I'm sure with other stores. But now I don't want to do business there anymore.

So I emailed the Manager at another store in Iowa and asked him if he would consider shipping it for free to my house as they would do store-to-store so I would not have to deal with the local store. That was yesterday and I have heard nothing further from him. So now I'm looking at getting back to the Manager at the store in Illinois. I'm going to give the Manager at the other Iowa store today to get back to me before I go outside the state as I am in no rush here and I want the best flame top for the best price possible. I'll keep you posted. Thanks again to Tom for his helpful advice! :eek:la

srb531

i too went thru a dance w/ gc to get one, that is the one i wanted. 2 stores in my state had them, got pics sent didnt like the tops much. so had 8 diff stores out of state send pics, 2 0r 3 other stores never even followed thru on sending pics but they did have the gtr in stock ?? found the one i really like in a ind. store. emailed w/ a young woman / salesgirl, settled on a price they would only go down $50 but thats was fine w/ me. said i would buy it , done deal i thought , i thought wrong. 1/2 hr later i get a confirmation email ,your order is being sent from our central dist center & should arrive on this date. wrong , not the gtr i told the girl i wanted , i told her send me the one in your store, apparently to her the dist center was sending me the same model . not the guitar i wanted but the same model, do you follow me here on this cluster. but it gets way better, so i call her on the phone for talk & explain , so she will cancel the 1st order she did & the charge to my card, & have the one i got pics of shipped out to me from that store , ok now we good , right , wrong. 2 days later 2 guitars show up @ my house on the same day. thats right the one i really wanted & the canceled order one. i gotta open both up to see if the wrong one looks better then the right one , it dont . so i pack it back up. 2 hrs later a email from cent. dist comes in to tell me the gtr was not suppose to sent , they wiil send me a ups return label for return of it , unless i chose to keep it then they will run the charge on it. i send it back , its all over right , wrong. 3 weeks later my cc bill comes in the mail i got charged for 2 gtrs. i week later after several emails / calls i get the credit back on my cc. its done , but i do relly like the gtr i have. moral of story ?? some sales people just dont get it about guitars & should be selling something else.

srb531

Thanks to some good tips from Tom, I have been trying to negotiate with a number of Guitar Centers stores to get one of these guitars for the best deal possible. I initially contacted 8 different GC's located here in the Midwest by email requesting photos to be emailed to me of the ones they had in stock since the amount of flame varies I wanted to see who had the nicest amount of flame.

Interesting was how different GC's operate. First of all five of them responded within a few hours advising me they didn't have any of this model in stock so they couldn't send me photos, but all offered to order me one if I wanted to purchase one. Good job! Communication is king and those folks are to be commended. Two other stores that did have one of these in stock sent pictures right away as well (one in Illinois and one in Iowa where I live).

The local dealer (in West Des Moines) had not responded for 2 days so I called them on the phone and talked to an Assistant Manager and advised him that I had emailed their store and that I had not received a response. He was emphatic that no GC stores had these in stock and that whoever I purchased one from would have to order one for me from their distribution center. I corrected him and told him I had received photos from 2 other GC dealers that have them in stock.

He then offered to sell me one of the other stores guitars and said "we can take care of this right now on the phone" and they can ship your guitar to our store for free shipping. I was and still am put off some by his assurance that "no other GC's have this guitar is stock" like it was an absolute fact that he obviously didn't know what he was talking about. I don't relate well to guys that act like they know it all when they don't - makes em look arrogant.

I then said to him, are there any discounts available on this guitar because of Memorial weekend and he flatly said no. He further advised that this was the lowest this guitar was ever going to be and there was no lower price. He acted like I was trying to get something for nothing and I can assure you that was not my intent. I have spent a lot of money at that store and if he bothered to look on the computer he would have seen that but not sure he cared. I've never heard of this guy before and he's not the first, or last Assistant Manager to work at that store as is the case I'm sure with other stores. But now I don't want to do business there anymore.

So I emailed the Manager at another store in Iowa and asked him if he would consider shipping it for free to my house as they would do store-to-store so I would not have to deal with the local store. That was yesterday and I have heard nothing further from him. So now I'm looking at getting back to the Manager at the store in Illinois. I'm going to give the Manager at the other Iowa store today to get back to me before I go outside the state as I am in no rush here and I want the best flame top for the best price possible. I'll keep you posted. Thanks again to Tom for his helpful advice! :eek:la

my ordeal w/ GC

tom

I am sorry to hear of everyone's' mess with GC... the way I shopped was a major "cut and paste" message sent to hand picked gc dealers who had the guitar in stock.

you can see the email copy that show's they attached jpegs to me. the list is even longer than the jpeg showing here...

There are many of these available in stock throughout the USA at a great discount. I found California the most plentiful with good attitudes toward their potential customers....

Last edited:

Reverend David

The manager at the store in Davenport Iowa never responded to my question "would you ship it to my home for free as you would store to store". Apparently he did not want to sell the guitar. I mean he could have answered "no" we can't do that but he just didn't reply at all. Wow. Well, he can kiss my money good bye. Guess I'll have to head out of state. :pisd