• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

How many of you gig with non original cases?

Xpensive Wino

Is this a Gen 1 or 2?

10299974_10202525252464925_18922282414030964_n.jpg

10253810_10202525255344997_7181638583059746309_n.jpg

And what should I do (padding etc) to put R8's or Juniors (double and singlecut) in it safely?

Thanks.

J T

There was an advertisement for one in 1974, but I don't know anyone who has ever seen one.

Gibson%20Protector%20case%201974.JPG

Yes I know someone who has one. Foam inside. Kind of thin aluminum and wiggly when open. It has Gibson logo on it.

J T

I have a bunch of these but stopped using the LP cases because it looks like the top of the case puts pressure on the nut/ headstock.

I have one of those. It does not put pressure on the headstock in any way

DSCN0609.jpg

DSCN0607.jpg

DSCN0600.jpg

J T

Here is the Aluminum Gibson case I was talking about. It was behind all this other stuff. But there it is...

CAM00010_zps7425caa2.jpg

Yardbird Mac

I have one of those. It does not put pressure on the headstock in any way

DSCN0609.jpg

DSCN0607.jpg

DSCN0600.jpg

There must be some inconsistency in the manufacturing of these cases. I also have the problem of the headstock/neck angle appearing to be incorrect (in the case) with either my "03" Standard or my "04" R9. I correct the angle by placing a folded microfiber cloth under the back/mid portion of the guitar. This seems to relieve the stress on the neck/headstock. It might put a little additional pressure on the body, but the body isn't the weak link in this chain.

In general, I like the case... in spite of its weight.:jim

J T

There must be some inconsistency in the manufacturing of these cases. I also have the problem of the headstock/neck angle appearing to be incorrect (in the case) with either my "03" Standard or my "04" R9. I correct the angle by placing a folded microfiber cloth under the back/mid portion of the guitar. This seems to relieve the stress on the neck/headstock. It might put a little additional pressure on the body, but the body isn't the weak link in this chain.

In general, I like the case... in spite of its weight.:jim

That was the first thing I checked when I got it. I tried all of my Les Pauls in there and none of them had that problem. If they did I probably would have returned that case.

Xpensive Wino

Yes, there is a great deal of inconsistency in those cases. Noticed it with the Strat cases I got from them too.

Yardbird Mac

That was the first thing I checked when I got it. I tried all of my Les Pauls in there and none of them had that problem. If they did I probably would have returned that case.

I had strong inclinations toward sending it back. A week after I received it I ended up in the hospital for almost 3 weeks. When released, my guitar case was the last thing on my mind (long recovery).

I'm still toying with the possibility of selling it off at some point.

LAARS

I never thought about what case my Les Pauls are in when I play out. Then again, my LP case has a sticker on it that says, " Owner carries an UZI "........ Maybe thats why my stuff is left alone. Gotta love NH.

Ryan Givhan

i use the black custom shop cased, i just put a bumper sticker over the logo so no one knows what it is. i figure i might as well use it until it wont hold the guitar anymore before i spend money on a new case.