• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

RIP Manny’s Music Store

Hardrockmapletop

Just realized this is old news, but new news to me. Hehe :##
Interesting read nonetheless ....:peace2

J T

The inlay in the sidewalk is still there. I think it's a dollar store now.

corpse

And the sign is up on the building still. I have my tee shirt from Manny's.

djangolad

The following quote is highly imaginative rather than historical fact I presume: "My favorite Manny's moment of all time was the day I cut school in the middle of the week and walked in and, to my disbelief, saw my HERO, Pete Townshend standing at the back counter talking to Henry. It was the first time I'd ever seen him anywhere other than onstage...It's unimaginative cliché, but, I felt like I was in a dream as I walked up to Pete and Henry...just in time to hear, with my own ears, Pete ordering (and this IS verbatim...my brain RECORDED it!)..."10 Telecasters, 15 Stratocasters, 5 Jazzmasters, 5 Jaguars, 5 of those Corals, 3 Gibson Stereo 355s...":hmm

What confirms it a BS it that there's not a mention of a Les Paul in that "order":hee

Hiwatt

The following quote is highly imaginative rather than historical fact I presume: "My favorite Manny's moment of all time was the day I cut school in the middle of the week and walked in and, to my disbelief, saw my HERO, Pete Townshend standing at the back counter talking to Henry. It was the first time I'd ever seen him anywhere other than onstage...It's unimaginative cliché, but, I felt like I was in a dream as I walked up to Pete and Henry...just in time to hear, with my own ears, Pete ordering (and this IS verbatim...my brain RECORDED it!)..."10 Telecasters, 15 Stratocasters, 5 Jazzmasters, 5 Jaguars, 5 of those Corals, 3 Gibson Stereo 355s...":hmm

What confirms it a BS it that there's not a mention of a Les Paul in that "order":hee
It depends when this happened?Pete didn't start using the LP Deluxes until 71/72.The Teles,Strats,Jazzmasters,stereo 355's,Corals etc he was using between 66-68
Edit:I've just read it was Binky Phillips.This more than likely is a true story as Binky eventually got to "know" Pete through being at the front row of all the early US Who shows.He actually got given several bits of guitars from Pete and has lots of Who/Pete stories.http://www.huffingtonpost.com/binky-philips/