• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

1969 deluxe goldtop value?

1955Junior

This is a thread from 2012! Please check date before posting.

Why - has the significance of a 1969 Goldtop Les Paul changed during the course of three years?

I still refer to my original copy of Tom Wheeler's American Guitars - published in 1982 - and it's relevancy has not diminished a bit.

We're discussing vintage guitars here - and I don't see why digging up an old thread is a problem.

renderit

Sorry to derail on my first post, but, are you really Yngwie Malmsteen?

If so, i recently have become friends, with Kenny Baker. He had a really good go on my number one, this past summer (playn out in WPB) Not surprising how great his chops are considering who he works for. :dude:

Hope to meet you soon,

Jeff

Yes my friend, you have discovered the truth. Now Shred is exposed for all the world to see. Also, I am a Butterball™© Turkey. Oh wait! Maybe Shred is Chewy Valvestem...

1955Junior

Except that for the purposes of the LPF Vintage Les Paul section, this isn't a 1952-1960 Les Paul.

:salude

Yes - I'm aware that this is the 1952-1960 Les Paul section, and realize that the initial post from 2012 should not have been here. TW also noted that in one of his replies from three years ago.

I was only responding to JJ Jones' comment suggesting that there is something wrong with posting to an old thread. :dude:

daglespaul

Just a quick response:
I think you're talking about the goldtop in Belgium/Netherlands.
If so it has been converted to P90's, with conversion rings.
It is a three piece neck with a bigger headstock.

I bought a 58 junior from that guy, in general a nice person.
His guitars however have, most of the time, some issues. They always seem to have some non-original parts.
My junior for instance has a replacement nut and pots. I restored it, but you need to check them out.

Greetings.
Dag

hi guys!
i know nothing about vintage guitars so i'm calling all experts here

some guy in my neigbourhood is selling a 1969 les paul deluxe goldtop which he bought some time around 1970 or 71

what would it be worth today?

i have not seen the guitar
asking price is 4700 dollars

shred

Sorry to derail on my first post, but, are you really Yngwie Malmsteen?

If so, i recently have become friends, with Kenny Baker. He had a really good go on my number one, this past summer (playn out in WPB) Not surprising how great his chops are considering who he works for. :dude:

Hope to meet you soon,

Jeff

Yes my friend, you have discovered the truth. Now Shred is exposed for all the world to see. Also, I am a Butterball™© Turkey. Oh wait! Maybe Shred is Chewy Valvestem...

:lol

If only that were true.... But sadly no. I am not Yngwie or Chewy Valvestem, although they both sound like fine gentlemen :biggrin:

Strangely, I have also been mistaken for Buckethead on this forum in the past... I'm sorry to disappoint... The internet lends itself to conspiracy theories I suppose :hmm

image_zpsdkasefwt.jpeg

Last edited:

BURST~TONE

:lol

If only that were true.... But sadly no. I am not Yngwie or Chewy Valvestem, although they both sound like fine gentlemen :biggrin:

Strangely, I have also been mistaken for Buckethead on this forum in the past... I'm sorry to disappoint... The internet lends itself to conspiracy theories I suppose :hmm

image_zpsdkasefwt.jpeg

Ah, my bad, sorry. I recently became friends with Kenny Baker IM's personal, road guitar tech. We play out some times here in WPB FL, when he is in town.(He is in Stuart Florida up the road from me) He promised me a 'night out with the boys' soon, so I thought i was going to 'be clever' jump ahead of him by meeting him (who I thought was you) first on this thread. :laugh2:

I actually have some iphone video of Kenny shredding some, on my number 1 Les Paul, into my Vintage 67 moded 6L6 DR (cranked to 1:00) and Klon. The guy is a frEAK of a geetar player! I will try to find and post.

Last edited:

shred

Ah, my bad, sorry. I recently became friends with Kenny Baker IM's personal, road guitar tech. We play out some times here in WPB FL, when he is in town.(He is in Stuart Florida up the road from me) He promised me a 'night out with the boys' soon, so I thought i was going to 'be clever' jump ahead of him by meeting him (who I thought was you) first on this thread. :laugh2:

I actually have some iphone video of Kenny shredding some, on my number 1 Les Paul, into my Vintage 67 moded 6L6 DR (cranked to 1:00) and Klon. The guy is a frEAK of a geetar player! I will try to find and post.

No harm done... If you can get Yngwie to join the LPF, I think that would be awesome... :dude:

JJ Jones

Why - has the significance of a 1969 Goldtop Les Paul changed during the course of three years?

I still refer to my original copy of Tom Wheeler's American Guitars - published in 1982 - and it's relevancy has not diminished a bit.

We're discussing vintage guitars here - and I don't see why digging up an old thread is a problem.

I was referring to the post above mine about "go see it".
I am sure the guitar is sold by now.

BURST~TONE

No harm done... If you can get Yngwie to join the LPF, I think that would be awesome... :dude:

Well Kenny told me IM owned 100s of fenders (and i would assume mostly 'pointy guitars') but that said, he did say that he expressed an interest in tryn out my geet, after Kenny told him about it so,,, :hmm I guess he likes Les Pauls, too..

OK, I'll C what I can do, brother! :dude: