• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Dj Ashba's custom Les Pauls

Ryan Givhan

hmmm. that rig was way to complicated for me. looked to complicated for DJ as well. he knew nothing about his gutiars or his rig. he had to have his tech explain that he was using rs pots. but thats probably why he is a famous guitarist and im not. i spend too much time on this site instead of just playing.

grimlyflick

I would wager Slash, Jimmy Page, Joe Perry and 99% of most other famous guitarists wouldn't know a RS pot, a bumblebee or a lightweight tailpiece if they started to choke to death on it.

When you see watch of these rig rundowns some of them don't even know what gauge of string they use.

Ashba's cool though, his work with Sixx AM is cool and judging by some of the live clips on he's doing a great job with G n'R too. :headbange

frazettafan

I would wager Slash, Jimmy Page, Joe Perry and 99% of most other famous guitarists wouldn't know a RS pot, a bumblebee or a lightweight tailpiece if they started to choke to death on it.

Yup. These pro player's - what a bunch of loser's eh? :peace2

jb315

Who is Guns and roses?

By the time those shitheads get it together no one cares anymore

Ryan Givhan

im not saying there is anything wrong with not knowing much about your rig. its just surprising. most race car drivers can at least change their spark plugs.

grimlyflick

Who is Guns and roses?

By the time those shitheads get it together no one cares anymore

They're currently touring Chinese Democracy, which is a great album once you give it a chance, certainly better than anything Velvet Revolver had to offer.

I'd rather stick with the new line-up anyway, they can play better than the old one and now Ashba is involved I'll reckon any new stuff they come up will be killer.

Now how do I get Slash tone?
:biggrin:

Pat Boyack

This guy is an idiot. I doubt most players are this clueless. Many may not know what kind of pots are in their guitars but they at least know what guitar is used for a particular song. And I don't care how much better he is than me or Slash or whoever.....

"This is the guitar I put my cigarettes out on."

Cool, you douche bag.

frazettafan

Yes, Axl must be worried to death about what his guitar player knows or doesn't know about his gear and what he's been using as an ashtray, so I guess it's only a matter of time before we hear: "Pat Boyack announced as new Gun's 'n' Roses guitarist"? :peace2

moonweasel

They're currently touring Chinese Democracy, which is a great album once you give it a chance, certainly better than anything Velvet Revolver had to offer.

I'd rather stick with the new line-up anyway, they can play better than the old one and now Ashba is involved I'll reckon any new stuff they come up will be killer.

Now how do I get Slash tone?
:biggrin:

Kids don't do drugs. You'll end up saying crazy things like this.

grimlyflick

Yes, Axl must be worried to death about what his guitar player knows or doesn't know about his gear and what he's been using as an ashtray, so I guess it's only a matter of time before we hear: "Pat Boyack announced as new Gun's 'n' Roses guitarist"? :peace2

:applaude

Skullie

"This is the guitar I put my cigarettes out on."

Cool, you douche bag.

I totally agree. Why would anyone do that, and why would anyone think its cool? I guess thats what happens when you get rich and spoiled. Most of us have to pay for our own guitars and try to take care of them.

Pat Boyack

Like I posted, "And I don't care how much better he is than me or Slash or whoever.....".

....and I could care less what Axl thinks. Another idiot. I bet he stops the shows and leaves the stage before this dink gets through half his guitars. Maybe that's why he has no clue, because he doesn't even get to play 'em.

This is the problem these days, we reward idiots. I was waiting for him to show us the hat he takes a shit in along with the platform boots he uses as a urinal. I can't wait to see what he does when he figures out that he can put his cigarettes out on his forehead. That should be really cool and Rock-n-Roll......like the 70's.

frazettafan

Like I posted, "And I don't care how much better he is than me or Slash or whoever.....".

....and I could care less what Axl thinks. Another idiot. I bet he stops the shows and leaves the stage before this dink gets through half his guitars. Maybe that's why he has no clue, because he doesn't even get to play 'em.

This is the problem these days, we reward idiots. I was waiting for him to show us the hat he takes a shit in along with the platform boots he uses as a urinal. I can't wait to see what he does when he figures out that he can put his cigarettes out on his forehead. That should be really cool and Rock-n-Roll......like the 70's.

:rofl

No, I think you're right about this guy actually, Pat. He is a bit of a tool. I think that's why Axl hired him - a kind of 'kindred spirit' type thing? And that hat is terrible.

Thank's for taking the slight dig so well, I couldn't resist it. We absolutely do reward idiot's these day's. Never a truer word said IMO.

thunderkyss

When I started this thread, I was afraid there would be a faction of guys criticizing him for what he did to his guitars... but not this.

So he doesn't know which guitar he plays on which song..... they're all practically the same, so it's probably not, "this guitar for this song, that guitar for that song." & it's probably more like Axl going to change his shorts in the middle of the show. It's all for the visual.

27sauce

Hendrix did some funny stuff with his guitars. Not comparing this guy's playing/legacy with Hendrix(huge Hendrix fan), just a thought on the rewarding idiots thing. Been happening for a long time, but were always better in the good ol' days huh?

grimlyflick

Hendrix did some funny stuff with his guitars. Not comparing this guy's playing/legacy with Hendrix(huge Hendrix fan), just a thought on the rewarding idiots thing. Been happening for a long time, but were always better in the good ol' days huh?

Exactly, some guys will never acknowledge newer, younger players and will spend all their time wishing they could own a Historic whilst trying to cop Jimmy Page's RAH tone, while others can appreciate the new age of guitar heros.

I'm not saying either are right or wrong, it's just the way it is.

If you can get past Ashba's taste in guitars and how he treats them, check out his work with Sixx AM, especially the Heroin Diaries, his composition work is pretty good. And he does play a mean guitar.

:salude

Pat Boyack

Exactly, some guys will never acknowledge newer, younger players and will spend all their time wishing they could own a Historic whilst trying to cop Jimmy Page's RAH tone, while others can appreciate the new age of guitar heros.

I'm not saying either are right or wrong, it's just the way it is.

If you can get past Ashba's taste in guitars and how he treats them, check out his work with Sixx AM, especially the Heroin Diaries, his composition work is pretty good. And he does play a mean guitar.

:salude

There are plenty of younger players who have a clue. Age/jealousy is not a part of this.

moonweasel

Kids?

I'm 40!!!

There's some great playing and some awesome tunes on there. :)

I was jokingly trying to educate any younger people reading this that if they do drugs they will end up saying crazy things... like you posted. hhehe, no offense intended.

With all due respect, Gun's is the original lineup or at least the Illusion line up, or it isn't Gun's.

Just think of the Stones. Would I go to a show if only Mick was there but he sold the tickets as "The Rolling Stones"? No. Very NO. :)

Yes, there are some decent tunes on there, but why the heck not just make a solo record? No one would have given him ANY crap if he had just called it "AXL".