• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

1972 Gibson LP Custom 2 Output Jacks

mrgibson01

T2eC16NHJHFFmJYONmFBRo8LmJMI60_57_zpsc916a2e7.jpg
I have a 1972 Gibson Les Paul Custom that has two output jacks. I can not figure out what cable or cables I should use to plug it in to my Gibson GA-30RV amplifier. I don't even know if the jacks or stereo or mono jacks. The amp is not a stereo amp and has only one input jack in the front of the head.
Can anyone tell me what the configuration is with this guitar having the two output jacks and how to plug them in to my amp? I was told it may be wired in true stereo with a stacked master volume control? It is a beautiful guitar with what I think are abalone inlays and I was told it is probably a one off. I have photos of the guitar and the wiring but can not figure out how to post them. I am not really a player but would love to at least plug the guitar in to an amp and hear it played. Any help on what I need to do that would be greatly appreciated.
If you send me a message with your email I can send you photos or please tell me how to post photos on this site. Here is a link to the My Les Paul forum posting I made that has images. http://www.mylespaul.com/forums/norl...put-jacks.html

Last edited:

Monroe

I can't see your pics at MLP unless I log in as a member. Sign up for a free photobucket account and upload your pics there. Then you can post them here, or anywhere.

vintage58

That is possibly the coolest Les Paul Custom that I've yet seen! Yes, it does appear to be some kind of one-off.

Big Al

Has the Recording plate with custom stereo wiring. One pickup per jack.

shred

What's crazy to me is the front is basically a plain top but the back is covered in Heritage 80 elite quality quilt maple... Note to Gibson... Put the flame on the front of the guitar :doh

shred

What looks like a 1 piece top... 2 piece quilt top back... The neck looks like maple too :hmm

What an anomaly...

Big Al

... but the Recording had low-impedance pickups, and this guitar seems to have straight humbuckers ?!?

Pickups aren't mounted to the plate, only controls. They used what was on hand, and went for a top loaded approach. the maple back looks to have been put on to hide the deep routs. Interesting one off custom guitar.

Big Al

I have seen quite a few one off Custom ordered one offs from this time. A cherry sunburst Byrdland with sharp cutaway and a single neck Charlie Christian pickup.
A Les Paul Custom in cherry burst flame top and all LP Recording hardware.
A Les Paul Standard with one piece body, bookmatched flame maple top, three piece highly flamed maple neck, custom pickup wiring for it's twin humbuckers, only 3 knobs I think one was a chicken head. all in Viceroy Brown w/gold hardware. The only other VB finished Standard from this time I'm aware of is Bad Betty.

Kalamazoo were very receptive to making one off Custom orders at that time.