• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

I Just Love Gold!

shred

GT's are awesome... Some of the best LP's I've owned were Norlin GT's... All hail the mighty Gold Top :dude:

dragonfire

Here are my two.. :dude: :hank

2009 R7 with Historic Makeovers complete package

Your two guitars are beautiful. . . I've been considering a HM of my Gold Top but wanted to ask you your opinion of the difference in this one after you got it back from HM.

Was the improvement something that made you go "wow"??

Hillbilly JT

..my favorite, too
DSC_00212.jpg

DSCF3046.jpg

DSCF3027.jpg

LowMach

Fantastic thread!

I always have gold fever when it comes to a Les Paul!

Thanks to all for sharing. An aged goldtop is on my bucket list.

Cheers.

DoubleBoogie

Your two guitars are beautiful. . . I've been considering a HM of my Gold Top but wanted to ask you your opinion of the difference in this one after you got it back from HM.

Was the improvement something that made you go "wow"??

Thanks dragonfire! You will definitely go "wow" as soon as you see it and hold it. The guitar was more open and airy to my ears when I first played it, but keep in mind that it went from stock to upgraded pots and caps and Rolph 57's in it. What is amazing to me though (and lots of other people will probably say the same thing) is that it improves for the next 5-6 months after you get it back. I don't know if it is cure time on the Nitro or what, but it just seems to get even better tonally speaking after this time period. That was a real "wow" from me. I actually got a couple new guitars after I got it back and I played them for a couple of months and when I got the HM back out, I was shocked at the improvement. Hope this helps.

cbpickin

I have had my flame top CR8 for about years now, and I love it, but I have always wanted a goldtop with P90's. I finally got an '05 R6 last month and I am in love.

Steve Craw

Formerly Lefty Elmo
My "madeover" goldtop next to a 2013 lefty. This guitar made me sweat, it was so great, easily the equal to my own. This beauty has been treated to the magic of an Historic Makeover recently, and I hope it's owner will be in my area around Thanksgiving for a side-by-side with mine.
033_zps8a8648ce.jpg

Steve Craw

Formerly Lefty Elmo
This stunning, original 57 GT was for sale at The Philly Show in June. My favorite guitar of the show!
029_zps7c981aa3.jpg