• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

NGD 2006 R9!

slammintone

Thank heavens I decided to stop and wheel and deal on this one. It's been in the store for awhile and I'd examined it briefly a few months ago and when I went back the other day I knew I had to have it. Haven't weighed it yet but the R8 I traded off weighed 9 lbs so I'm going to say somewhere around 8.5lbs for the new one. The neck is for me CHOICE! It's on the moderately beefy side without huge shoulders. It has something like a very soft V molded profile and the edges of the fretboard are nicely rounded off. Anyhow, she sounds good, plays fine and she's a looker!

slammintone

Thanks everyone. I'm very happy with this one. I've let go of three or four other Historic Les Pauls that were very nice. I've been tenacious at times searching far and wide for examples that worked best for me. One thing I've found for certain is they're all different and as my tastes change in neck profiles I can stick with the Historics and just find the ones that suit me best. I like this one because it's got that rather shallow, less bellicose swell to the top even though she's deeply carved. The neck shape is like it started out with more girth but then it's been naturally worn down from decades of hard play . It's sort of like it went from stretching the hand substantial, to where it now fits the hand naturally. There's only the implication of shoulders left and the feel is superb.

jbzoso2002

That is a real nice LP!

I once had a 9lb R8, could that be the same one?

Jimmy

Thank heavens I decided to stop and wheel and deal on this one. It's been in the store for awhile and I'd examined it briefly a few months ago and when I went back the other day I knew I had to have it. Haven't weighed it yet but the R8 I traded off weighed 9 lbs so I'm going to say somewhere around 8.5lbs for the new one. The neck is for me CHOICE! It's on the moderately beefy side without huge shoulders. It has something like a very soft V molded profile and the edges of the fretboard are nicely rounded off. Anyhow, she sounds good, plays fine and she's a looker!

slammintone

That is a real nice LP!

Jimmy

Mine was a 2007 R8 tobacco burst 100% stock. Its sweet and has a monster neck and absolutely beautiful shape. Its at Hobart GC right now. I swapped it plus an Yngwie Malmsteen sig Strat off for the R9!!

jbzoso2002

Mine was a 2007 R8 tobacco burst 100% stock. Its sweet and has a monster neck and absolutely beautiful shape. Its at Hobart GC right now. I swapped it plus an Yngwie Malmsteen sig Strat off for the R9!!

Awesome!!

Looks very cool great top!

Jimmy

Big Al

Sounds good, plays good and looks good. You hit the trifecta!!:dude: :dude: :dude:

Trans-Am

I just want to say that you guys have such sweet R9's. Real awesome looking tops. CONGRATS !!!

Trans

Mars Hall

That is a real nice LP!

Jimmy

I'll never sell the R8 Jimmy. I may rout the top and put a Kahler tremolo on it but I'll never sell it... Lol, just kidding about the Kahler.:salude