• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

OFFICIAL PIC THREAD: Let's see your SG's !!!

tooold

Battle of the PB refins! :dude:

_DSC2609-balanced_zps777496a3.jpg

As Grant noted, you got the sides of the fingerboard right. I hadn't thought to tell my guy, so... :dang Still looks cool, though! :peace2

I'd be curious to see the two guitars side by side. What did you use for your paint? When I was looking, the closest you could get was some Isuzu color, and I had to find it in the UK. But I found it, in nitro. I haven't played with the color in my photo, but I think yours might be closer (or the correct paint).

garywright

thanks, Ian Anderson in San Marcos, Ca did all the work ...I'm really pleased with it ...his paint supplier is an older guy who Ian says is extremely knowledgeable and has been mixing paint for years and knows all the proper blends for vintage cars and motorcylces as well :jim

tooold

thanks, Ian Anderson in San Marcos, Ca did all the work ...I'm really pleased with it ...his paint supplier is an older guy who Ian says is extremely knowledgeable and has been mixing paint for years and knows all the proper blends for vintage cars and motorcylces as well :jim

Nice to work with people like that. That job looks really right.

VMR

Picked this up in 1970 for about $125, then promptly added the Humbucker and switch. It was my warhorse for a few college years and sounded unreal through my Marshall Super Lead I had at that time. I'm sure it screwed the collectible value by adding the pickup, but I wasn't thinking about that at the time. It was an excellent cheap Gibson! I bought that case separately, so it's a little more recent than the Junior. It was getting ratty on the inside after all those years, so I relined the case myself this past year. I was very happy with the results. The guitar is light as a feather.

Mitch

IMG_2454_zpss8wolsgt.jpg

garywright

what's done is done ..I bet with the double black coils exposed that would look pretty sweet and much more uniform ..great job on the case lining too...I take it you have prior experience

VMR

Thanks Gary. Actually, it has lived with the pickup cover off in years past. I kinda like it the way it is now (original cover). And yes, I have done a couple of case linings before. It's really not that hard, just a PITA to find the time and patience to do it. But the reward is great. But NOWHERE can you find the really nice thick crushed velvet like the G&G cases have.

garywright

Here's a couple shots I took of an original pelham '65 junior that I had shortly on approval.

59tiger

here's my early 62 LP/SG-

yvTWc3i.jpg

she came complete with the original paperwork (sans the original sales slip)

LAyIhb2.jpg

GuitarMikey

I've been looking for one like that for a while....with the stop tail conversion already done. Very nice!

jimmi

I've been looking for one like that for a while....with the stop tail conversion already done. Very nice!
Thanks, has a great tone and very loud. Just picked this up not long ago. Needs some major fret work right now (using for slide for now). No breaks or big repairs otherwise. Original harness, Jack, switch tip, switch ring, switch, knobs, tuners and TRC but otherwise I needed to find original parts. Have the PAFs. Need pickup rings and the fretboard done and it will be a great one. Will post a thread when done.