• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

It's a Special day!

Tele52

Twins002.jpg

I'm now to proud owner of two new Specials. I hadn't planned to buy two. But they were too damn cheap to pass up. I'm favoring the DC, the pickups sound great. I'm going to put in 500K pots, Oil and paper caps, 50's wiring. And I'll see how that sounds. Maybe Lollars and wiring in the SC, but not right away. I can honestly tell you, I put my CC's in the safe. I think I'll block Gibson and the 20 Music stores that email me "deals"
Well at least the cards are locked up.

stratovarious

Congrats on the pair!
Did you get the SC from MF? I bought a gloss yellow from them last week for $679. Should be here tomorrow. I'll post pics this weekend.

Tele52

Congrats on the pair!
Did you get the SC from MF? I bought a gloss yellow from them last week for $679. Should be here tomorrow. I'll post pics this weekend.

I got them both from MF, They lowered the DC $300.00 to $999.99, Then they lowered the SC to $799.99, then I had a $100.00 coupon, so that was $699.99. You did better than me by $20.00. Good job, These were $2000.00 list, what a bargain. But man, I can't afford anymore bargains. But it sure is fun to swap back and forth, there's something I like about each of them. The SC has a little meaner bark. I like these Gibson P-90's!

stratovarious

Hey Tele52, mine came in yesterday.
IMG_1848_1.jpg

Even though the color description says "gloss yellow" you can still see the wood grain, much like TV yellow.

This ebony board's grain is not as tight as my LPC, so I'm not sure type of ebony they used.

Love the P90's and for $679 I've got no complaints. This is going to be a fun guitar to have around!

Tele52

Hey Tele52, mine came in yesterday.
IMG_1848_1.jpg

Even though the color description says "gloss yellow" you can still see the wood grain, much like TV yellow.

This ebony board's grain is not as tight as my LPC, so I'm not sure type of ebony they used.

Love the P90's and for $679 I've got no complaints. This is going to be a fun guitar to have around!

I love TV yellow, the term gloss yellow scared me. That looks great. I was looking at your guitar and my wife said, Oh, that's a pretty guitar. I like the yellow. These guitars are the deal of the year for $699.99, or even $799.99. I'm liking the Gibson P-90's, but the pots and caps gotta go.

D'Mule

Are they using P90s now, or still the P100 stacked humbuckers.?

Tele52

Well, I sent the DC back. For the money I saved I ordered Lollars, and pots and caps, I think this is going to be a nice guitar.

Tele52

I put the Lollars in, -5% for the neck, reg. wind bridge, that was suggested by a really nice fellow i talked to at Lollars. 500K CTS pots, vintage O&P caps. Pro set up, these little guitar plays and sounds great. A quality guitar for under a grand.