• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

2014 semi hollow gibson les paul !

texasfl0od

just bought today at my local guitar center a 2014 gibson les paul "special" AAA top "f" hole semi hollow body in honeyburst ! it is of course so cool and I had to have it - can't even find it on the Gibson website ! the tone is really smooth and the 60's neck is well , perfect ! getting ahold of the Gibson rep as the guitar center really doesn't have any info on it and I am not even sure what pickup combination it has - there is a slight contour on the back . I can't seem to figure out how to post a pic of this guitar on this site but I did post a pic on the other les paul forum and I am sure this guitar is going to be quite a talked about item very soon as they pop up ! not sure how many will be made and if any different color choices , as I said , can't even find it on the gibson site yet ! keep your eyes open for a really cool les paul for 20141 if anyone can enlighten me as to putting pics on a thread , please let me know how - I have plenty of pics including front and back of the Gibson headstock proving it is an authentic USA mad Gibson product !!!

Bob Womack

How 'bout this?

283765_450303481648472_269428026402686_1707718_1828055880_n.jpg

Bob

texasfl0od

I called Gibson this morning and it is officially called "2014 Gibson les paul special AAA top f hole" . that is really all the info on it so far , the guy told me that it looks like it is a guitar center exclusive and that it should pop up on their web site soon . still unable to find out what pickup combination it has but we are working on that ! really glad I picked it up , at least I can say that I am the only "kid" on the block with one of those this morning !

stock_hippie

Les Paul Froum Member
1. open an account at photo bucket
2.hit orange 'upload' button
3.then hit blue 'choose photos and videos' button
4. The photo you took that you loaded into your computer will show up.
5. click the photo and it will highlight in blue
6. hit 'choose' button
7. your photo will appear on the left
8.click your photo and 4 squares will appear.
9. the square on the bottom IMG is the one you want
10. Click the bottom IMG square and it will turn yellow
11. Now the icon above the post youre going to put the photo in is second from the right
12. Click that Insert image icon and a pop-up will appear
13. delete the blur http in the pop-up and then
14. Go to edit and hit paste
15. Post it

pinefd

Congrats! Looks just like the Les Paul Florentine (Google it, if you're not familiar with it).

Frank

garywright

not sure on the f-holes myself ..maybe if they weren't so outta proportionally large

jimmi

I like the looks of it....I have been looking for a thin small body vintage electric hollow body ...if I can't find what I want I have considerd one of these......wonder what Kim could do with one of these with a makeover?

Pat Boyack

They go back to the 'ol Florentine every once and awhile. A friend of mine, Andrew "Jr Boy" Jones was given one by Gibson around 20 years ago when he was with Charlie Musselwhite. A cool sounding guitar. It has a little 335 fullness.

p19978

That pic is incorrect.

Its a dot neck with a single unbound F hole. The GC catalogue has a pic and it is a great looker, especially fir $1200.

ke3ee

I bought the first one my local GC got in. 57 classic zebras with push pull splitters on the volume ctrls. 60's neck.

DSC00339_zps29116e2a.jpg

QuirkyBurst

Spied one at my local GC last Saturday.
It has a flat top - old Les would probably approve, for me, not so much.