• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Are there any RED flametop Les Pauls out there?

skhan007

Can't say I've seen many ever. I would love to have a red LP someday, but all I've found are some LP Traditionals in wine red, which are OK, but the tops are pretty weak as far as flames. I saw one recently on the Sweetwater site but astronomically over priced! Then there was a candy apple red R7, but it was a solid color. Do any of you own red flametops? Let's see 'em if they're out there!

bluesforstevie

Can't say I've seen many ever. I would love to have a red LP someday, but all I've found are some LP Traditionals in wine red, which are OK, but the tops are pretty weak as far as flames. I saw one recently on the Sweetwater site but astronomically over priced! Then there was a candy apple red R7, but it was a solid color. Do any of you own red flametops? Let's see 'em if they're out there!

This is NOT a transparent red dye for the top...so, the guitar was NOT purchased for the flame. There is, however, a good amt. of figure and flame on the top and it looks GREAT as is so that was a bonus!!!! In the second picture you can see that the flame is very evident depending on the view angle.

redrig.jpg
cherrypie.jpg

stock_hippie

Les Paul Froum Member
Wow i saw someone post a LP like that on MLP...and I thought it was like the most beautiful guitar I've ever seen...

George

All Access/Backstage Pass
There was a red flametop for sale on The Gear Page not too long ago.

acewylde

Here is my 2009 Premier II in Velvet Red, Flame front and back. Ebony board, completely hollow body.
DSCF5947_zps94bd5401.jpg
DSCF5948_zpsa8249fc2.jpg

DSCF5946_zps50b0c28a.jpg

library
library

MikeSlub

Administrator
1996 Gibson Les Paul Classic Premium Plus Limited Edition Handrubbed Translucent Finish:
1996_Gibson_Les_Paul_Classic_Premium_Plus_Limited_Edition_Handrubbed_Translucent_Finish_Gold_Hardware_Red.JPG

2001 Gibson Les Paul Custom Shop Firemist:
2001_Gibson_Les_Paul_Custom_Shop_Quilt_Firemist.JPG

acewylde

Here is one more pic of my Premier with its twin. My brother and I bought a matching set at the Gibson warehouse sale in 09.
twins_zps5f3cbd42.jpg

Werloc

Would you be interested in a LP Special in red Flametop?

trmckn

This thread motivated me to pull this one out from under the case stack.... LP Trad Pro Plus or some such nomenclature... with the coil-tapping that I never use, but sounds and plays great...

lptp2.jpg

LPTPro.jpg

Dave0ne

Red fading to black? The guy at Gibson support called this a "Dark Wineburst". I don't think Ive seen another one this color. Its a 2001 CS Standard, but I dont think its one of the Class 5's. Wrong Headstock.

wineburstLP.jpg