• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

2014 Les Paul Supreme

LespaulSupreme_zps20e550c2.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Not sure about the neck pickup, but I like the inlays and the bound F holes.

(this is from the Sweetwater website, I don't own one)

trapland

Pretty guitar. I dont really like to see F holes on any Les Paul that's not a "Florentine or Bantam" model. Based in the history thus far, all Lester's with F holes were first called Bantams, then named Les Paul Florentines shortly after roll out. The F holes MADE it a LP Florentine. Now if you put F holes on any random model, the florentine essentially ceases to exist.

What's next? Add an ebony fingerboard, split blocks, bind everything and call it a Standard Elite instead of a custom? Gibsons name and model feature gymnastics are really frustrating.

Gitfiddler

An original issue TransAmber Supreme was my very first LP, and also my first new LP. I followed the news from the first intro, read all of the press releases, posts here, and still play a Supreme. So I guess I'm sentimental about the original concept.

Not sure where Gibson is going with this new version. It's like they threw every bit of bling they had on the shelf at this guitar.

In my view all they needed to do was create a LP Supreme with more accessible electronics, pull the 490 p'ups, and drop in Classic 57's.

That would be a winner and best of all, it would sell.