• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

fernandes sustainer

prvv

Hi

Has anyone installed one on a les paul? If so how much work to install and any problems.

Thanks

samhill

Hi

Has anyone installed one on a les paul? If so how much work to install and any problems.

Thanks
I have installed the Sustainiac Stealth Plus(not Fernandes) system on a few LP's(and others). It was time consuming but not impossible. If you have half decent soldering skills and can read a step by step manual then no issue. I installed the Sustainiac on guitars with EMG's so that meant two 9volt batteries, I only had to route the cavity very slightly on one LP(it was an 89)it was inside the cavity and the original back plate fit as usual. You may want to check with Fernandes about pot length and also see if they have an online PDF install guide to see what you are getting into.

Mark
www.thesamhillband.com

prvv

Gesto about 15 miles southeast of Windsor. Where are you
located?

samhill

Glen Walter about 5 miles east of Cornwall, hour west of Montreal.
Have you purchased the Sustainer yet?

Mark

FLICKOFLASH

Les Paul Froum Member
has anyone made a homemade version ? in theory i believe its just a mini built in amp powered by the treble pickup with the neck pickup replacing & acting as the speaker