• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Any opinions on the 2014 lineup yet?

Les'isMorePaul

Haven't heard much from the forum about whats coming.

Thought for sure the "Les Paul Peace" would have gotten chins wagging.

Texas Blues

I dunno'.

Looks like just a weight relieved LP standard with the e-tune and peace symbols on the speed knobs which I think are butt ugly. Chrome hardware to me is also a turnoff.

Others might dig on it but I don't see anything to get excited about.

Les'isMorePaul

I never said in a good way. ;)

I'm just surprised it's been so silent on the new models. The 2013 stuff seemed to get more response from people.

Texas Blues

Oh I hear ya'.

Fact is, when the BFG came out I hated it. Later after it was discontinued and had a look at a friend's that bought one, I didn't think it was all as bad as I thought initially. Fact is, somebody will probably like that guitar and it will sell for maybe a little while.

I'm pretty sure Les Paul himself would give it the finger if for no other reason than the hippy speed knobs. Who comes up with this shit? Some white lord board wearing dreadlocked trust fund college kid?

Geez...I swear you can't live with these people. :hee

Big Al

I like speed knobs, but I don't buy or judge a guitar by the knobs. Wimmens be a different story.

Gibson makes pretty nice Les Pauls in their traditional way, but I like the experiments and newer models. Some tweeks are freakin' cool by me. I like the newer stained finishes like the blue/ green one. Other non stained finishes look good. What better place to try new ideas out?

Big Al

Oh, I prefer chrome on my new guitars over nickle. It is more durable, looks great and is more compatible with most aftermarket hardware should I wish to change or mod.

SimonBarSinister

I picked this Standard Plus up from Wildwood and it sounds great... I dig the 90's Case, the BB Pros sound better than I remember them, fit and finish are right up there. Guitar feels great, sounds great, looks great... What's not to like?... Color might not be for everyone but I love it...I have plenty of the normal burst colors... The asymmetric neck takes a little getting used too, but I can play any LP Neck... R7 through 60's...

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

SBS

Drew68

SBS, that's beautiful! I could totally rock a blue Les Paul! Congrats!

7thStar

I picked this Standard Plus up from Wildwood and it sounds great... I dig the 90's Case, the BB Pros sound better than I remember them, fit and finish are right up there. Guitar feels great, sounds great, looks great... What's not to like?... Color might not be for everyone but I love it...I have plenty of the normal burst colors... The asymmetric neck takes a little getting used too, but I can play any LP Neck... R7 through 60's...

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

SBS

I'm a bit trad when it comes to finishes, but I really love that blue top...looks great!

zombiwoof

I see quite a few interesting under-$1k guitars in the 2014 lineup, the LP Melody Maker, a Junior with HB's, and some others. If you're looking for a good inexpensive Gibson there are more choices now IMO.

Al

Les'isMorePaul

I do like the non-traditional colors on the USA Gibsons.

Little less than happy with the binding changes, but the new melody makers and the nicely finished p90/HB guitars are cool.

Though I think 2013 was a little more out there. Between the Tiki, the Zappa, and the Bender LP, they really did well straddling new vs traditional.

jrgtr42

So is the single - P90 Junior discontinued again?
That's a guitar I've been hankering after for some time now, and I was glad to see them building them again. (not into signature guitars, like the Billy Armstrong version.)

goldtop0

I've read on the other forum that there's hide glue used on the neck/fretboard now.........CS guitars.

Kutt

My .02 - They've got my attention. I dig the new grip knobs (might order some for my other Gibsons, assuming they become available as an accessory). I like most of the new colors. Bumblebees in some of them. I like the return to the brown case with pink lining. Supposedly a return to one piece fretboards as well. All things are looking up. I'm rather indifferent to the binding-over-fret discussion, personally. Might not be able to resist my 3rd Traditional if one surfaces with a killer Honey Burst top! I just wish the tops were more consistent overall. I guess I expect AAAA tops on what they are calling AA. Oh well.

zombiwoof

The Gibson "Bumblebee" caps are really just film caps in a phony Bumblebee-looking case, no better than the regular film caps that come in most guitars. It's all cosmetic, they are not real PIO Bees like the vintage ones.

Al

My .02 - They've got my attention. I dig the new grip knobs (might order some for my other Gibsons, assuming they become available as an accessory). I like most of the new colors. Bumblebees in some of them. I like the return to the brown case with pink lining. Supposedly a return to one piece fretboards as well. All things are looking up. I'm rather indifferent to the binding-over-fret discussion, personally. Might not be able to resist my 3rd Traditional if one surfaces with a killer Honey Burst top! I just wish the tops were more consistent overall. I guess I expect AAAA tops on what they are calling AA. Oh well.

goldtop0

The Gibson "Bumblebee" caps are really just film caps in a phony Bumblebee-looking case, no better than the regular film caps that come in most guitars. It's all cosmetic, they are not real PIO Bees like the vintage ones.

Al

Yes that's a shame for Gibson........and I think we're all pretty much in agreement that these imposters do nothing for tone.