• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

New Guitar

Mobile Willie

Well I finally done it or I should say my wife did. When into to a music story I have been using for 30 years and saw a 2008 LP studio that they have had for a couple of months on trade. John Anthony ex keyboard guy for Wet Willie was there demo piano for the public kinda of a promo for the story. He and I were looking at it and the next thing I know my bride of 35 years starts horse trading, I leave her alone because she's the best anyway my first honest to goodness Gibson LP been playing and epi for years and I like it. Been want the Gibson name for along time.may not be the most desired LP but it plays good and sounds good. I get the tone it is better than my epi. I finally think I understand. It ain't a BB it ain't a gold top but it is what I can afford. Thanks for listen

ZZ Not

Congratulations and welcome to the forum!

That being said; pictures or it didn't happen.

Mobile Willie

I pick it up Monday the action needs adjusting for me and as soon as I figure out pictures will be coming

toxpert

That is a great guitar and ...more important...a great wife and friend you have
Congrats !

Mobile Willie

Yes she is. Had 67 strat I bought in 76. Had it when we got married in 79. My son came along in 84 we needed milk and baby food dang near homeless anyway sold the strat for 300 bucks,do what you got todo you know. Anyway she said one day. Kept her word

chuckNC

Yes she is. Had 67 strat I bought in 76. Had it when we got married in 79. My son came along in 84 we needed milk and baby food dang near homeless anyway sold the strat for 300 bucks,do what you got todo you know. Anyway she said one day. Kept her word
I pulled this out of a fortune cookie many years ago: "Why is life so hard? Because that's how it's good." There is definitely some truth in that.

Sounds like you have a great wife and family -- and priorities in the right place.:2zone

Mobile Willie

Sorry about getting back. I have been playing the crap out of it. I am amazed at how much better these burst buckers sound compared to the Chinese pickups in the epi I thought my amp was screwing up plus the neck just feels so much better even though it is not bound like the phone.and the frets. You get what you pay for. Sorry still ain't figured out pictures yet just google vintage mahogany studio but most know what they look like.

Stoj

You've got a cool wife Willie, Post some Pics when you get a chance :salude

renderit

I predict that in 40 years the Studio's will be the Juniors of the day. I probably will get one some day. If they stuffed those new units they put in the reissue 59's (custom buckers) I would have a couple...but I have not heard many I didn't like.

Mobile Willie

Pictures
thanks

ch willie

That's a beautiful Studio. That's the finish I'd want.

Don't worry about the Studio being a "lesser" instrument. I have played with a few people that have them, and they are serious Les Pauls. I have a Standard Faded, and I would play a Studio with no hesitation and certainly wthout a hint of shame.

Mobile Willie

Thanks for the kind words. Sorry for the picture quality.just learning how on my pad. I really like this guitar. I must say it is a good time to be a picker with all the choices and price ranges a kid can get a good guitar at any level they want are can afford. I actually paid less for the studio than I did for the epiphone back in 2005.i tried for years to justify my choice of the epi by saying to myself that the Gibsons were over rated that epi were just as good blah blah really just covering up that back then I could not afford a Gibson. It was a pride thing. I played several LP over the years and told myself that the epi was just as good. I think they were not set up right and just did not have that feel plus I did not have the cash to buy. This one though felt right sounded right and was priced right,a perfect storm. I like things that look old fancy wood and finishes are not my thing. So this studio fits my personality as do used teles,juniors and other older are used guitars. Sorry for the long wind. Thanks everyone

Brudr

Studio's are great guitars and are capable of handling anything Standards/Historics can dish out. Case in point. This Duke Robillard album is atribute to all of Duke's guitar heros. He mimics all of this heros on the track "Blues A Rama" .....and does it all on a stock LP Studio (as per the liner notes). Simply amazing !

http://dukerobillard.com/album_details.cfm?album_id=55