• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

RIP Johnny Winter

Doc Sausage

"White Boy Blues" at it finest. I'm thinking he lead a very interesting life.

RIP, Johnny.

JeffBlue

A true Blues hero and a friend to Muddy Waters. Johnny will be missed.

rbehm

Farewell Johnny my childhood and adult Hero. One of a kind Guitar slinger .

mbowen

A guitar he used at a show and signed --there are a lot of signed Johnny items out there .He was always willing to talk to and sign things for his fans.RIP you are one of the best to ever touch six strings.M.B.

JP'59

Johnny Winter And Live is one of the main reason I even started playing guitar in 1973. That record still holds up today and he & Rick are on fire. Still play his version of Jumpin' Jack Flash to this day. RIP Johnny and in your words "ROCK N' ROLL"

RNELEE

RIP He was a good one. Played until the very last. Amazing how 70 years of age seems young to me now.

shred

From Yngwie's FB page:

RIP Johnny Winter you were one of the true greats! God Bless - Yngwie Malmsteen

YJMampJW_zps9a444202.jpg

Reverend David

R.I.P. to one of the greats. Only saw him live once, but never forgot what I saw that night. The part I hate about getting older because you just have to endure more losses as we go along. What an influence this man had and will continue to be for many many years to come.

Xpensive Wino

Those who weren't around in 1968-69 may not fully comprehend the impact he had on music at the time.

His phenomenal musicianship and maturity - even at that age - set him apart.

He (deservedly) received what was reputed to be the largest advance ever given to a new artist at the time.

IMHO his command of the blues vernacular was unique.

Guitardon

Those who weren't around in 1968-69 may not fully comprehend the impact he had on music at the time.

I agree - The sad thing is I told my step daughters that Johnny Winter died, they said who is that! Oh the younger generation the missed all the greats.