• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Glen Buxton's SG Custom.

karl1

Notice how he took off the trem- just like I did on my vos standard- it keeps that cool sound from the tailpiece but eliminates instability.

JRW8214@AOL.COM

I put a maestro on my faded flying v awhile back. i mainly did it for the looks and tone, but it stays in tune pretty well even with using the trem arm.

zombiwoof

I used to live in Phoenix for some years, I remember about 15 or so years ago there was an article in a local music rag there about Buxton with an interview. He was playing in a local band, was on ice tea because his liver was shot from drinking (Alice himself almost drank himself to death before he sobered up), and he didn't sound very happy. There was a lot of tension left over from Alice abandoning the band for stardom, it came through in the interview. A few years later I read he was dead.

I used to play in a band in Phoenix with a guy who grew up with the guys in the original Alice Cooper band, when they first got their contract they came over to his house in a limo, and made so much commotion his Mom threw them out of the house! I always thought that was a great story. When they were a Phoenix band they were called the "Earwigs" (named after a particularly obnoxious bug that is everywhere in Arizona).

Al

BadMotorScooter

btw have all you Coop fans picked up Good To See You Again on DVD?

Totally a must for an AC fan.

Got it! Is that Dick Wagner on guitar in the background in the live footage? I'm thinking so since this was around the transition between the classic line up and the future of session and guest musicians for years to come. That movie is far out man!

MrBandman

Hello,
I recently read the sad news that Glen Buxton of "Alice Cooper" died several years ago. The 'Love it to Death' album was a favorite of mine and I think he was an interesting and underrated player. His white SG made an impression on me and made me finally go out and get a guitar and I wondered if anyone out there know's what happened to that particular guitar?

Cheers,

Mike.

Neil Smith just posted on Facebook that he found and restored GB's white SG. Here's his a link to the post:

https://www.facebook.com/NealSmithRocks/posts/1365275013527556

Big Al

Got it! Is that Dick Wagner on guitar in the background in the live footage? I'm thinking so since this was around the transition between the classic line up and the future of session and guest musicians for years to come. That movie is far out man!

It may be my pal Mark Marconie. He played all of Glens parts live from behind the amps on the Million Dollar Babies tour when Glen was unable to play. They plugged him into a dummy amp. Mark went on to play with the spin off band Lizzy Borden and now runs fishing charters out on Lake Ontario.

LeftyF

Glenn's white SG Les Paul was apparently broken into several pieces some time in the 70s (still looking for the story on that). The guitar was finally tracked down by Neal Smith ( original Alice Cooper band drummer). Neal brought it to his friend Rick Tedesco at Guitar Hangar and had them restore it. Neil now has the guitar back in one piece. Here's a video describing the restoration. Brilliant work.

NiagaraTim

Glenn's white SG Les Paul was apparently broken into several pieces some time in the 70s (still looking for the story on that). The guitar was finally tracked down by Neal Smith ( original Alice Cooper band drummer). Neal brought it to his friend Rick Tedesco at Guitar Hangar and had them restore it. Neil now has the guitar back in one piece. Here's a video describing the restoration. Brilliant work.

I heard the guitar went missing after it was taken from Glens house after he passed and changed hands several times and when Neil tracked it down it was in bad condition and some parts were removed The neck was too badly damaged and could not be re-attached (the neck was given to Dennis) so Neil had a new neck installed

Bruce R

Pat Wilkins is a master, no doubt!! It's great to see that guitar back into action again. Excellent job!

I saw Alice Cooper when they were still known as The Nazz!

Cliff Gress

bcyiO3O.jpg